Does anyone generate their own electricity with Hydro? Just trying to understand it

If you had a tank big enough the water you expelled can be pumped back into your pond if you charged a battery bank during sunlight hours. At night it would top off your pond. Saw a guy test this on YouTube, called it a water battery.

2 Likes

I have been busy lately so havent committed 100% of my time into this but I bought the check valves for my ram pump, and after doing some more reading and research about other pumps that can carry water uphill without electrical energy I came across the venturi pump which I thought was interesting, and I came across a youtube video of someone displaying a theory of using the venturi pump combined with a ram pump to use the venturi to pump the waste water of the ram pump. This was just a theory and I have not seen any results of anyone trying this. So I 3D printed a venturi pump and did some testing on a hose and found that the venturi takes 60% of the water from the bottom i.e what would be the waste water. So I am going to 3D print a 2 inch venturi to fit the ram pump. In theory a ram pump can pump more than 50% of it’s water 3 meters, so combine that with a venturi it could possibly take 80% of the total water back to that height. Then if I had the overflow of the waste water going into another ram pump + venturi I could make it even more efficient and hopefully be able to gain a combined total of 90%+ water circulation, with a electric pump at the bottom pumping the 10% water back to the top of the first ram pump. The problem will be is if I can pump 3m high that efficiently, well from what I’ve read 3m isn’t much head for a turbine. And the higher I make the ram pump go, the less efficient it will be. I really have my doubts it can work (mainly because if it did, we would all have free energy from someone else making it) but there’s something ticking in my brain that wants to find out 100% if it can work or not because I cannot find a true answer if it has been tested or not. So If anyone has any ideas on making a low head turbine run well I’d love to hear it while I 3D print a bigger venturi pump and test it on the ram pump. Cheers!

Hey @Krisz hows your hydro going? Must be getting to some wet weather now for your turbine to run well?