Official NiceHash thread

Hi.
If I have a barebones rig with no OS, can I simply run the NHOS from USB to get the system running?

Yes you can. The Nicehash site has instructions on how to create your boot device and what you need to do to make sure it is mining to your account.

not recommended use nhos is not fully finished project, no properly overclock setings no fan adjustments rig will run high power consumption and high temperature

Anyone else having issues with Nicehash today? After a week of smooth sailing, there was an update this morning. Now my Radeon VII rig wont benchmark any Dagger algorithms in any form. I get No Benchmark or Error in Benchmark. My 580 rig is unstable to the point it will benchmark, run and the moment i leave the room, seemingly, it stops mining on multiple GPUs. Ironically, the rig that gave me the most headaches setting up, the 5500s, is running like silk.

I’ve, uninstalled, reinstalled, re-benchmarked, I’ve done it all and its like above.

and again reason why need to run linux :smiley: my rig dont have any trouble mining stabil 0.96eur every 4h

try increase virtual memory like 10-20gb more to see or bench or disable gpus try only with 1 to make bench if make only 1 bench low virtual memory if still not bench input manually like 1h/s and try run if it runing nh have bug

or run directly claymore or phoenix without nh software i have many time his use with nh on windows no bench on some gpu or cpu. simple way to test disable all gpu and test with 1. before test make sure you clear all value in bench disable all other miners select only with yoh need like claymore or ever and run bench if not write manually. btw nh software required 2x more virtual memory of directly use claymore. from last update memory increase around 2gb more per card. for example 6x rx580 vtm use 32gb on claymore nicehash 6x rx580 for stable run need 56gb vtm

I just got a used 5700 this past weekend and have it running on NiceHash. I did have to disable a bunch of other benchmarks that were causing it to crash… but, so far it’s been running on Eth since Saturday night without issue.

I’m having an issue where Nicehash isn’t seeing 1 of my GPU’s it’s listed in windows and GPU-Z can read it no issues there.

EDIT: After installing Cudo miner, and it showing all GPU’s NH decided to play nice and show them as well.

a side note: 2 of my GPU’s are RX 5700 XT and they’re not showing temp, load, RPM

Any advice?

my 5500s or Radeon VIIs now wont show even what my speeds are if im in Dual Miner but under Phoenix it will. I only get temps from my 580s, nothing else. A lot of bad things happened during last update. I start wondering if we are purposefully being held back because of how profitable things are. After a month of stability, i have to reset my miners multiple times a day. Getting very irritated.

Has anyone noticed any unusual (and possibly disturbing) happenings on Nicehash.

About 3 hours ago, I noticed that the sites exchange rate for 1 BTC (as listed towards the top of the page) was at about $11,220. I knew that this was about 5% lower than the current value of BTC so I refreshed the page and it jumped up to approximately the correct amount of $11,750. Of course when it changed, my “Unpaid Mining Balance” also jumped up as a result of the recalculation of BTC to $. I put it all down to a refresh issue that was fixed once I updated the page.

About 30 minutes ago, I refreshed the page again and the BTC value dropped down to a figure of around $11,220 again with the resultant decrease in the value of my unpaid mining balance. As it was coming up to a payout time (14:00 in my timezone) I furiously refreshed the page to get it to come back up to the correct exchange rate. Nothing changed until the last couple of seconds before the payout when it came back up to around the correct figure and paid me almost $0.65 more than it had been indicating.

I’m unsure whether it would have actually paid me the lower rate had I not refreshed the page but if so, and if it did this consistently, then it would be paying me almost $4 less than it should each day.

I am not actually showing the BTC exchange rate in USD but rather in my local currency so I’m wondering whether that may be a complicating factor that is causing this strange behaviour.

Has anyone else seen anything similar?

It does that all the time if using USD too. I don’t know why but it has done it for at least a year. The BTC amount is correct so I ignore it.

1 Like

@bick0012, I have also noticed this. The issue is we don’t know what is going on inside the algorithms. We mine in Eth and then at the 4 hour mark, its “converted” to the equal value in BTC. Except who or what determines the value of BTC or ETH. if they are dropping the BTC value down, then it actually benefits us. but if it jumps higher, it hurts as they have to give us less BTC. I think they should be more transparent. And before anyone says that maybe that’s their fees…

My Phoenix miner says im mining 91Mhs yet my NH says 90Mhs, why is there 1Mhs difference? Seems to me everyone is taking a piece of my pie, or NH is double dipping. Either way, they need to be held to some sort of standard.

@Badfish The value of our unpaids will fluctuate as price does, and since we arent getting paid what its worth, but BTC itself, it doesnt really matter. However, i am noticing times, when all of a sudden just before the 4hour ends, it goes HIGHER than what BTC is going on say WHATTOMINE which will mean less BTC paid out of conversion. someone is pulling some shenanigans, I’m just not sure who.

To withdraw my funds from NiceHash, I withdraw to Coinbase then I bring them into Coinbase Pro. Then you can transfer them anywhere for free.