What are your top crypto mining tax questions?

Maybe more of a question for you @VoskCoin. There are a lot of tracker apps out there. Which are best for which way of doing business? Do they truly make it easier during tax time?

4 Likes

It also would be good to know how to address the hefty fees which are related to crypto staking.
On the greenhorn mistakes what about scamming victims. I have a service ticket from Zellcore as proof. It would be double painful to loose your hard mines coins and then be taxed for it.

2 Likes

How should it be handled if multiple people buy in on a miner? Who pays the taxes?

3 Likes

How do you write off a Bitcoin miner purchased last year and hosted through compass on this years taxes?

2 Likes

How are staking/PoS rewards/cryptonomics/tokenomics regarded as income given the recent IRS case? Thoughts on the future of staking?

1 Like

How do we report defi farming earnings, and do we have to report said earnings if we never harvested those coins and have just been letting them build up in the farm? Also what are good tracking software to help arounf tax season time. I’ve staked in step finance, but most of my staking is on the cronos network.

1 Like

When you sell or trade the one crypto currency you mine for another one you wish to hodl. What are your tax liabilities? Would you face capital gains taxes twice?

How do you file to deduct all the equipment used for mining ? I went to few h&r block offices and no one knows how to file the deductions when cost is over 8k
This should of happened weeks before tax day to do things right 2021 tax

cryptocurrency mining tax advice video guide! this is video 1 of 2, a general crypto tax guide is coming soon

Hi,

my question comes a little bit late, but I am currently trying to find some details how to handle the Social Good coin earnings within the tax report.
Can you please help me here or forward me to a discussion about the topic (if already available)?
Otherwise I can start a discussion.

Thanks a lot!

Kind regards