7 Avalon 1246’s or 4 S19 Pro 110TH?

I’m looking to make my first investment into mining, and this is what I’ve come down to for options. With this set up, the 1246’s generate about $20 more profit a day, but I’ve heard people don’t like their reliability. These will be hosted, purchased from the host, and they have a 1 year warranty. Personally I want to go with the Avalon’s, but people’s posts worry me. If I get a bad unit, or they don’t hash correctly, I could be losing to the S19 option.

Since this is your first investment into mining (and I don’t know your experience or background), I would recommend to slow down for a minute and not fomo into anything. Yes, you have to act to make some money, but you don’t want to screw yourself. With that being said, I wish I had your opportunity to get in with that type of equipment/budget. Since I don’t, the only advice I can offer is that Bitmain is the big name and there are a lot out there, which means a lot of experience and support vs. Canaan. Just my 2 cents…with either of those units though, as long as nothing crazy happens you will be making money!!!

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve been Gpu mining for a while which along with some liquidity mining has generated my budget for asics. From everything I’ve seen, Avalon’s look more like a random shot on what you get compared to stable secure bitmain. I’m going to keep watching prices, but if there’s one thing I learned mining ETH it’s that the faster you’re in the better you’ll do.

1 Like