Altcoin miners submerged

I’m trying to figure out how to do immersion most likely using the C6 FogHashing system on some of my Altcoin miners specifically the K7 L7 KA3, Im new to the immersion situation does Braiins or any known source do programming for removing the fans with altcoin asics. I really want the best approach to take with the altcoin miner firmware and overclocking goals with these miners too along with the fan situation

I know you can overclock the L7 using Hiveos, not sure about the K7 or KA3 or braiins but I know that using 7007 control boards you can overclock using SD cards and you can buy various brands of fan spoofers which plug into the control board and they are a couple of bucks each, I have these with no issues and you can probably find them locally on eBay

@Mitchell_Wark Could you keep us updated on your immersion buildout? You have me thinking about purchasing a C2 instead of getting them hosted for the summer. I’m especially interested in if you find any software to overlock the KA3

Has anyone purchased immersion equipment from foghash?

Ill need to check the measurement since the k7 and ka3 I believe are a little longer than a s19 I don’t want them sticking out of the coolant, before I purchase the c6

thanks on the hiveos info on the L7 can it be converted to hiveOS by access via pulling up the IP and download via ethernet cable? Ill be looking into overclocking with your suggestion, ill hope to get some more info on the k7 and ka3, if I cant correct the fans and overclock them ill just use the fan spoofers

I got a 9050 L7 over clocked with awesome miner firmware to 9500

2 Likes

Never heard of that firmware I’ll have to check it out!

It was the first company I ever found and tried when I started mining in 2020/2021 and was playing around with overclocking on small scale

1 Like

I am super impressed with the fog hashing B6D, it’s the previous version of the c6. They’ve also given us a coupon code to share, only one I know of — VOSKCOIN is the fog hashing coupon code.

I am contemplating using their 24 miner tanks in the next phase of our mining farm build since it’s been such a good experience with their B6D and c2.

I wish there was more support for altcoin miners with firmware, but so far it’s largely just add fan spoofers and dunk… perhaps this will change over the next couple of years.

2 Likes

so if you add fan spoofers to lets say a kaspa ks3 or ks5 and submerge into a dcx pod, they should technically work, correct? I am looking into purchasing from dcx for a kaspa mining solution, but want to make sure that the fan spoofers will work in di-electric fluid.