Alternative to Coinbase wallet

I tried using Coinbase but have never been able to add more that $250. After that first day my limit was reduced to $0.00 by all funding sources. I will not do wire because I’m highly suspicious of Voinbase quality. So I’m looking for a good alternative to get started again. I cashed out of Coinbase since it was pointless. I was trying to add money so I could use crypto to buy an ASIC miner.

Help?

I’d say it very much depends on what you’re looking for in a wallet. For example, I use Binance because it accepts HNT which coinbase does not. Or perhaps Crypto.com because you’re interested in their credit card offers. If you’re mainly seeking a wallet to purchase an ASIC with crypto then nearly any wallet will do. It also depends on your location. Some countries, provinces, or states also have restrictions that won’t allow you to use a certain wallet service. Me personally I use Binance, BlockFi, and KuCoin a lot

1 Like

I wa looking at KuCoin and Binance. But I’ll check out Crypto.com and BlockFi.

I’d like to get several different coins and stack them high.

But if I want them safe from hackers what should I do? Physical Crypto Wallet?

1 Like

I’ve done many bank transfers to coinbase
0 issues just a fyi. Super easy process in the bank. Takes like 10min and funds are in there within a couple hours

Reading your post & comment. I believe you need to study wallets more, in general.
Start with a coin you know , like BTC , LTC or Monero. Don’t install/download, but look at the main web sites for those coins. For desktop computers, they have a Core Wallet (basically a mini blockchain you host), a CLI (command line interface) a Semi-mini blockchain with the safest and more comprehensive wallet options (unlimited) and a GUI (graphical user interface wallet) which is the simple/easy wallet.

Then you lead into desktop Multi-coin wallets (largely tokens). Which hold tons of crypto types but does have custodial issues. Multi-coin wallets are centralized. The company will update your wallet with new patches and tokens, so they clearly have access. Can they access your funds, likely No, but the possibility exist.

Throw in tablet/cell phone based Multi-coin wallets and singular type coin/token wallets.

Then you get to Network wallets. Some Network wallets hold multiple networks worth of tokens (Keplr) or singular Network wallets like MetaMask, Nami or Phantom which only hold particular network tokens.

Really it’s not even that clear cut. But first, you should have an idea of the token/coin you plan to hold. If you intend to hold a decent amount of money’s worth of crypto, use a desktop computer wallet that you turn off/ unplug to keep secure. In the end, I’d recommend all of those wallets and at least 2 for each token/coin you choose, so you have backup’s ready to roll. (you know, so when Binance emails you and say’s they no longer serve your country and you have 24 hours to move your assets, you’d be ready)

Exchange wallets have particular “things” about them, per exchange. General wallet info help’s and it is a non-stop battle. Also learn how/why about security features. Like the 12 word seed phrase. Bread wallet is a great example. They sold out to Coinbase. A user can take their original 12 word seed phrase and “restore” their wallet (funds/address) to any new wallet (type/company/brand). If that user did not save and protect their 12 word phrase, the wallet disappeared and their funds would have went with it. Of course, Coinbase would be willing to tie that wallet and its history to your social security # , if you let them :P, and put the funds onto Coinbase for you so they can tax you.

(Edit/addon) Lets say you want to buy 200K in BTC. You would get a desktop computer. Download/run the Core Wallet (the blockchain). Use that wallet/core wallet/blockchain to hold your 200K in BTC, then you unplug/turn off. On any blockchain explorer (website) for BTC you can enter your wallet address, and look at your 200K worth of BTC sitting there. You would only turn on that computer (core wallet) to move your BTC. (crazy example) If the entire world stopped crypto, you would then start running your Core Wallet and become the BTC blockchain for the world, that’s why you download the whole show instead of a cell phone wallet for 200K.

A lot to consider. I’m just trying to get started to learn how to maneuver around, shuffling coin around. I’m in a situation where having a desktop is difficult to place. It could be done but then I might have to rethink my reloading setup.

I might just build my next computer hood enough to game on. Might try mining just for fun/interest. I’d prefer to use a wallet that I can access from a computer and my cell phone.

As far as Coinbase goes they screwed something up and failed miserably to help resolve my issue. It’s just me apparently. Maybe God just put up a block to protect me for the time being.