Antminer L3 future

Hi guys, i own an L3+ and thinking of maybe adding 4-5 other units to my setup, i know this already been discussed but i wanted to have updated opinions on the future of the L3 series with the new L7 coming in. Still worth it long enough hit ROI within a year with the current machines/crypto market prices? And then, will they become almost obsolete by the end of next year?

Thanks in advance!

Good question. I like the little L3+ and it still can ROI within a year if you don’t pay more than $1200 for a good one with a power supply. More efficient ASIC’s will undoubtedly affect it but as crypto miners go, still a good machine to get started with. Let’s face it, every ASIC out there will be negatively impacted by newer generation machines.

Yep i like it too, pretty reliable and dont run too hot with a good firmware…

Thats my first asic i am just not sure if i should invest more into the L3 or just buy something more efficient next…

The thing is, the market went down recently but the machines prices did not, that makes the L3 still relevant at the moment…

Master3004 on this site sells L3+ machines with new PSU’s for around $900 + shipping. I just purchased one from him that ended up about $1150 delivered. No telling when it will arrive, however.

1 Like

I did look at them too…

Do they ship from US or China?

im in the same spot im currently running 8 l3s and i love those things there my second asic the s9 were my first i likethe l3 bc they use less power and make more per day im looking at hopefully getting at least 1 l7 and im looking at getting a d7 and a couple m30s but i think the l3 will be around for a couple more years kinda like the s9

At the moment im looking at several options…

Maybe add some l3, get a used antminer Z15 or try a KD-Box to get into kadena…

Machine prices are pretty high now, hard to find something with good ROI currently…

1 Like

Both US and China depending on if you buy from his (Steve) stock or his suppliers.

@John_Goodman send me a txt on cell mention ur name from here

1 Like

Just received my L3+ from Master3004 (Steve). Shipping time was around two weeks and the machine was as advertised. Steve is a real character and great to do business with. I will be buying more equipment from him in the future.