Anybody getting in to Genomeca?

Hi, i just wondered if anybody was considering getting in to Genomeca (www.genomeca.com)?

1 Like

What does a genome company have to do with cryptocurrency?

Did you manage to look at the link to the website?

I’d have to say on a moral stance, Absolutely Not.
The technology is cool, but nothing too new. I’m left with mixed feeling about the goal of the technology. A pro is that having the average Joe playing DNA sequencing is cool and will prove religions to be slave drivers and origins of certain species, but at current. the only laws in my nation (USA) that force disclosing DNA is a criminal Arrest or conviction. So this project is basically asking people to volunteer what my nation forces criminals to do.
While Bayer is their main sponsor.

I am a BTC maxi and crypto to fight oppression and for global freedom. This sounds like the crypto of my enemy, aiming to further expose and enslave the masses by getting them to volunteer their DNA on a global blockchain with gold in their eyes. Notice that the website does not say the results are public , what they say is a “privately ran blockchain”.

From there website :
"Earn cryptocurrency by providing various types of DNA data to be included within our blockchain hosted database.

Contribute to scientific and industrial research.

Provide DNA from any human, animal, plant or biosphere component.

Act as a node for our blockchain an earn transaction and validation fees."

So they are paying less than cut rate for individual people to do what my nations laws prevent them from doing legally. My DNA, My life. The audacity to offer to pay people to hunt DNA, rather than follow legal, lawful and fair channels, is sickening to me.

They are trying to do “something great for mankind and science” that they dictate and profit from.

Sorry if I’m a negative Nelly, no reflection on you Roger. It’s just my opinion.

Thanks for this, very insightful, although there’s no requirement to submit your own DNA and the white paper says that access to the data is approved by way of vote. I think they are trying to use blockchain to ensure DNA anonymity which is something people like 23andme won’t do.

1 Like

Let me tell you about some personal experience I have in this ballpark. Kind of science, kind of economic kind of oppression. So a person I know and her husband’s company made it big. The UN agreed to purchase their “miracle machine”. Overall , it’s a solar powered water pump and purifier. What sets this unit apart is the “rapid Diagnose Blood test” machine attached to the unit. It allows people to walk up, take a blood prick by inserting their finger, then within 3 minutes gives a receipt type printout telling them if they have any of the over 3,000 ailments tested for.
I was shocked when she told me, thinking of the business. She then told me they make 10 cents per unit profit, being that the US Government subsidized 99% of production cost. They expect to sell 10,000 units. Didn’t sound too great , IMO. Then she told me about the sub-contract she had, with Johnson and Johnson. All the test contained a DNA test, by putting their finger in the machine a human agrees to all terms of use. So her company would turn over all the blood test, showing ailments by region and DNA to match. For this, she gets paid 5 Billion dollars a year by Johnson and Johnson, before tax. That contract is a sub-contract owned by her specifically which is not bound to the terms of Government subsidizes.

So when I look at this Bayer sponsored program I can’t help but feel they are using “blockchain” terminology to get young people to do the nearly free leg work of their multi-billion dollar plan. Then they add LQ pools onto the tokens they created out of thin air to pay people with. So not only are they buying their own tokens back to circumvent legal payment, but they are running LQ pools on the side for extra profits.
They ask for DNA for “any human” which is highly illegal, in most cases. But in specific cases of human to human, a random human may take the DNA. What they do with that DNA is bound by terms of US law, but if they do not receive “legal tender” as payment, did they even “sell” it? Since they didn’t “sell” it, are they obligated to pay tax if it is under “$3,995” per payment, no.

So Bayer is basically participating in circumventing national tax laws as well as personal freedom laws by encouraging random humans to take DNA for profit, but pay out in a non-currency.

One random guess I have, is that they pay node operators only with funds generated from the LQ pools and validation fee’s. So they pay out in tokens > a person goes on an exchange to cash out the tokens > pays a LQ fee, pays a transfer/validation fee > a small % of LQ/valid fee’s are kicked back to node operators. In effect making node operators paid by the humans who are doing the field work.

This whole project seems highly immoral to me. It is a for profit venture that Bayer stands to gain everything of value from. As a Crypto lover, it pains me to see Corporate Giants make a mockery of us while also pretending to do it help humans.

And then look at the flip side, no morals to it. So lets assume every single human gets DNA listed. Does this help humans? Will Bayer share any ground breaking information that could save millions of lives, Or will they sell the cure and keep the secret? Judging by they multi-Billion dollar patent lawyers, the ladder is to be assumed.

A runaway nun will always speak ill of her convent, just as pharmaceutical companies only do it for profit.