Anyone still active on here? Who’s mining?

Page I feel hasn’t seen any new or great action for several months besides new member scammer posts for sale. Anyone still alive and kicking? Who all is mining still vs who’s hiding? Any new projections or ideas anyone like to share and discuss ? Let’s bring some life back on this forum that seemed to have died unless I missed out on something…

Was going to get a hydro miner in May for my underfloor heating but its difficult at the moment with fuel shortages, I expect rolling blackouts in my state because its all wind/solar/natural gas from the grid and then the grid has back up diesel generators for when its too cold for natural gas. But if theres hardly any diesel they might do rolling blackouts. I imagine a lot of countries in the pacific/east asia will be in the same boat. What have you been doing Mike? Hope youve been well mate

I’m still here. I’m mainly hosting BTC miners and trying to get my miners back from Revolution Mining who have turned out to be a bunch of scammers.

1 Like

Ah man that is crazy! Have you ever thought about getting a host man? I been good still mining and added more asics to the mining fleet waiting to get more Z15s and Z15 pros later this month

1 Like

Total bummer to hear about revolution mining! Where is hosting site and rates with uptimes?

I have thought about it but there’s so many horror stories, then everyone says “hey go with this host” and then a year later the same person is complaining about that host. I just cant trust it man unfortunately

I still have the Z15 Pro running 24/7 - but pretty much everything else is either off or just running at strategic power rate times. I went on Wholesale power rates about October in our summer and it was awesome. Pretty much always less than the regular rates and as low as 5c NZD sometimes overnight. That’s about 2c USD. And then things all kicked off in Iran and my rates went mental. I moved back to regular stable rates just to stop the bleeding up over 40c NZD I was getting. That’s about 22c USD. The reason that’s mental is that 56% of the NZ grid is Hydro. After that is Geothermal and wind. Not a lot of gas or diesel in the grid here. There are a lot of doorstops at my place. I just hope the new Z15’s coming soon don’t tank my profitability too badly. Assuming a big jump in hash and much more sell pressure, I’m not hopeful. So then pretty much everything I have will be not worth running. Bummer.
I was assuming @ShredZ would have still been working on the Biomass generation and mining up a storm. Seems not.

Unfortunately i got a hole in my digester, and had to move to a IBC shuttle so my gas production is low. I ended up making a hot compost pile ontop of the shuttle to keep it warm which is working well. But I think unless I get a 40 foot shipping container I wont be able to produce enough gas to keep my generator running 24/7, and the biggest issue with that will be keeping it above 22 degrees when the average temperature is 10 degrees in winter, keeping 68,000 liters that warm will be a challenge, and probably only possible if I put a greenhouse overtop and then surrounded the shipping container with a hot compost pile. How has your mining been going eek? Are you still getting good off peak rates and good uptime with your battery setup?

You think mining with z15 pro will turn unprofitable after new miner batch is alive and running?

Depending on the batch sizes, there could be a lot of hashrate all arrive at once. Then all these new arrivals are going to want to recover their up front costs so will be selling hard. That will crash the price so more people fighting for their slice of a smaller cake. It will absolutely be less profitable than it has been recently.

Not really - Even the regular rates all went up on April 1. So the lowest rate I get in any 24 hour period is 10.8 USD for 2 hours at 3am. Or 13 USD in the weekend.

In news we can read that Foundry is planning to have at least 20% of ZEC hashrate. Quick calculation and estimating it might be about 2000 Z15 Pro’s :grimacing:

im just a permanent lurker and flagger of scammer posts

2 Likes

About the same here

1 Like

Still alive, not mining though :<( mostly flipping random electronics on places like marketplace eBay etc.

2 Likes

That’s wild!! I’ll have 4-6 of them hosted for myself lol

What you selling on eBay ? I got a eBay seller account too

Ah just about everything haha, I’ve been parting out PCs etc