Anyone Use Compass Mining?

Does any one have direct experience with Compass?

What I like about it is that I’m living in Puerto Rico, but energy on islands are expensive, so I need a colocation to run my miners.

I also interested in the long game, my business does quite well and my most profitable investment, but I’ve gotten to a point where I more cash than I can reinvest.

So I’m looking for something that takes as little attention as possible and I can continue to focus on my primary business while letting my miners run without worrying about very much.

One of the primary reasons why I’m choosing mining over other ways to invest in crypto.

Curious to hear any ones experience!

1 Like

I purchased one Antminer S19j Pro from them, scheduled to be online by the end of next month.

I also ordered two Antminers L7, scheduled to be online by Janiary 10, 2022.

I will give more updates as of how mining with Compass is going with me, as soon as I get the miners online.

So fingers crossed!

:crossed_fingers: :grin:

How do you set it up

You don’t, Compass Mining will have engineers that will setup the miner up on your behalf.

You would send your pool information to them via e-mail, and they will set it up for you.

1 Like

@SUNYNKA Please do let us know how it goes! Very jealous of the L7’s. I have S19j Pros scheduled to come online in April 2022.

My S19j Pro was rescheduled to be online by Oct 31st, so hopefully they will send me that email for me to send my F2Pool Info to the engineer. (I will keep you updated on that.)

My 2 L7 are currently scheduled to be online by Jan 10th 2022, so lets see how that one plays out…

1 Like

So I’m finally hashing with Compass!!

They just connected my AntMiner S19j Pro!!
:laughing:

2 Likes

I have been using them for several months.
Try to get the contact number of your sales rep for quick service.
They had an issue with a location that did not work out, they gave people options to sell out, take home delivery and or account credits while your machine offline.
Very transparent. To get started was as easy as buying the miner, watching for the “your machine will go online in a few days” email, send them a BTC wallet address for your mined coins. You can create your own pool account or have them do it and get discounts of pool fees.

Very nice, I am jealous can’t wait for mine to go online.

good for you! I plan to use them in the future, probably for my parents. I have mine in the garage, and it’s more loud than i expected. I bought couple sound proof boxes, and it’s coming next month.

I’ve just purchased 2 L7’s on pre order for december using Mining Syndicate, these guys seem to be awesome as you can just ship your miner to them, $50 set up fee and you pay $0.12 per kw when Im paying $0.28 per kwh here in the uk it’s a no brainer to me, I do believe they only host machines of 3kw and above though.

I’ll keep you updated.

I got a S19j Pro 96TH with Compass Mining, and so far they been great in getting my miner online, and keeping me up to date and hashing since Oct 26.

I also have 2 L7 scheduled to go online on Jan 10, so I am confident that they will continue to take great care of me.

Hello All, I have a miner set up for ETH and it’s paid for itself in less than 8 months but want to mine BTC, looking at Compass and locations say min 1kw and trying to figure out how many machines I need to purchase to meet this minimum?
Need to purchase by end of year for tax reason so need to get going
Any help would be great!

The minimum purchase is 1 ASIC miner, That is exactly what I did.

Daryl, what miner for eth do you use?

Ok great I need 6 or 7 miners so hopefully I can get going by end of the year.
Thank you
Daryl

I bought a used 6 GTX 1660 GPU rig for $4K in mid Feb, so far so good we have mined 1.3 so far. I send ETH to NEXO which pays 6% interest for 30 day stake!
Have a good one