Are there any coins I can and should mine with my Macbook Pros?

Hi,

I’ve never mined before but have a couple of Macbook Pros sitting around.

Is there anything I can mine that would be worth setting them up?

You can mine if you want, but it is NOT PROFITABLE

CPU mineable coins are Monero,Loki,Wownero etc.

You can try out staking or masternodes, but initial investment is required.

If you have extra HDDs lying around with unlimited internet bandwidth, check this out

1 Like

Great, thanks for letting me know my options.

So not profitable, check.

I’m watching Vosk’s review of fhe Goldshell HS1-Plus, looks like I could use my Mac to drive one of these.

You are late actually…

This product got launched in August

No worries you can buy it now, but the profitability has decreased

In crypto, as time goes, difficulty increases, block reward decreases, profit decreases

I just recently discovered a cool opportunity to mine crypto for free. It is less rewards but still a decent amount of income (1-14k yearly) Would it be cool if I explained it to you?

So basically the oppurtunity revolvesaround the Helium Crypto Project: https://www.helium.com/

They started an hotspot wireless infrastructure and they are incentivieing people to use there homes as a physical space to put the hotspot.

Then you get rewarded in Helium Token (20 USD a piece rn) based on the amount of info that gets transfered across your hotspot.

The tricky thing is that it is literally impossible to get on your hands on the hardware unless you want to shell out some cash for scalper prices. You could simply just buy a miner like a bobcat 300 and wait 10-12 weeks for it to come but by then your area may have changed and your hotspot may not work as well. additionally the price of the coin might have changed affecting your profits.

What I discovered is a company that will give you the miner for FREE and then split the profits with you.

Here’s the signup link: Join iHub Global - Get Started with Helium Hotspot Mining
When you sign up you can invite others to join you and that increases your reward. I dont get paid for you signing up or anything I would only make commision if your hotspot actually made you money first so that is why the link above is a refferal link :slight_smile:

Ofc you can start to mine with your macbook but it’s not meant for it :smiley: you will destroy your pc pretty quick so better invest in a good miner so you can forget the problems