Asic miner ventilation tubing help

Hey guys. So I’ve got 2 L7s pumping great and all. But the tubing i have set up keeps ripping or imploding somewhere in the tubing.

My set up is as follows…

L7 > 8 INCH FAN > TUBING > EXHAUST PORT
L7 > 8 INCH FAN > TUBING > EXHUAST PORT

Do you guys have any tips or suggestions for stronger tubing?
Currently I’m using the ac infinity grow tent tubing from Amazon.

Any info would be great. Thank you!

1 Like

I’m using this on my L7 and on the 8” vent in ceiling. It ribbed with wire between the out and inner layer and has a layer of acoustic insulation. This is a temp setup until I sort ventilation and a quiet box for the L7. I will try find the make so you can compare

1 Like

This is what I have been using. I believe they do a non acoustic insulated version. But this is the kind of tubing that will last the rigours of the L7.

1 Like

minimize your exit path.
My mini farm (KD5, L7, 2 KD-box) sits in front of a standard window and the ASIC machines have the exhaust air ducted to exit the window.
The set up created a vacuum in the basement, so, make up air is necessary to allow unrestricted flow.

I had a CK5 running as well, but shut it down yesterday because I’m not mining to lose money.

Once Eaglesong is profitable I’ll turn the CK5 back on.

1 Like

Can you send a photo of your setup? I have a L7 set up with 2 AC infinity fans. I built a small room for them though. I’ll post photos a little later today.

1 Like

This is basically how its set up. I think this is an older picture but its in the basement of my rental property and haven’t been there to take another picture but same concept.
I think the ac infinity tubing is just too cheap and not made well. So looking for better tubing.
Tunes are shooting exhuast directly outside

1 Like

Lookin good+bump+inb4 3dps4u;)

https://voskcointalk.com/uploads/default/original/2X/9/901f7f370b68a3b05d3e8337560d955c0a19a885.jpeg

https://voskcointalk.com/uploads/default/original/2X/2/2f0032986fc3ddcf950980569d11d10b31e71816.jpeg

1 Like

Where did u get that tubing?

1 Like

@Mitchmd

1 Like

Could you upload a screencapture with your L7 temps with that tubing setup?

Is it 8inch all the way?
Since both tubes connecting at the end you maybe should have a bigger than 8inch exhuast?

1 Like

Could be the y-connector going from two to one 8” duct causing pressure.

1 Like

I have a KD5, KD6 and an L7. I put the two fan to 6" outlet and went to Ace and got just 6" ducting and a clamp to hold it in place. Working Great.

Miners aren’t running atm. Until I find tubing solution.

Temps for them were 4800 fan speed and 71c temp
Across the board for both of them

Yes 8 inch all around

Exhuast Fans weren’t running full blast. So figured 8 inch all around was fine. The tubing I was using lasted for a month until it ripped over night

corrugated plastic sheets from lowes or home depot make for good ducting and quiet boxes when combined with some sound deadening foam.

@max_gain @badgerlandcrypto @Mitchmd @nowo @deephouse @DeFi.Equipment

1 Like

The silver one is make up air from outside

1 Like

Two kd boxes and a kd box pro

These are heating the basement, but not too badly

1 Like

Well I bought better and bigger tubing to withstand the cfm. Seems to be good for now.

4080 fan speed across the board
73c temp
9650h/r

Well see if this holds up

4 Likes