Asterpool KDA Pool!

Thought they deserve their own thread,

Asterpool 12 Day Test with Results!!!

Asterpool is still in the developmental stages. So, ups and downs are to be expected. If you’re a pioneer and want to help an upcoming KDA pool that has a lot of potentials, Join their Discord and become involved. AsterPool Company

[Kadena Mining Pool - Asterpool]( https://asterpool.io/pool/kda)

US based, with worldwide servers. 1% Fee with PPLNS pool payout system.

FYI, To Succeed mining on Asterpool,

1. Use Asterpools Auto Geo locating Stratum Url, (This url will automaticlly choose the fastest server according to your location.)

2. Use the correct Goldshell Firmware, (https://www.goldshell.com/upgrade-firmware/)

• For Goldshell KD5 - Use Firmware 2.1.6 or newer
  • For Goldshell KD Box - Use Firmware 2.1.3 or newer

3. Be patient and make conclusions based on a number of days. (Mine for a week)(Asterpool hashrates are low right now, so earnings will be a lot like solo mining. Some days you will earn a lot of KDA. Other days you will earn less. But on average, you will get similar results as I got below. As Asterpool grows, it will give out more steady earnings in time like Poolflare.

Here is my data from my Twelve Day Test of Asterpool with a KD Box,

Daily Earnings from 1 KD Box

04/08/22 - 1.0897 KDA

04/09/22 - 1.4917 KDA

04/10/22 - 0.7630 KDA

04/11/22 - 1.0192 KDA

04/12/22 - 1.0056 KDA

04/13/22 - 0.9702 KDA

04/14/22 - 1.1111 KDA

04/15/22 - 1.0159 KDA

04/16/22 - 0.8691 KDA

04/17/22 - 1.0419 KDA

04/18/22 - 1.2098 KDA

04/19/22 - 0.8131 KDA

Daily Average: 1.0334 KDA to 1.0534 KDA (depending on ending on a unlucky day or lucky day)

To compare, (1 KD box, same timeframe as above)

Dxpool Daily Average: 0.9936 KDA

PoolFlare Daily Average: 1.0416 KDA

Things to Know

1. Rejections will seem high. KD Box and KD Box Pro will have 4% rejections. But as you see from the above results, does not effect earnings. Asterpool is working on a fix to get rejections lower.

2. Asterpool is still in the developmental stages. So, ups and downs are to be expected. If you’re a pioneer and want to help an upcoming KDA pool that has a lot of potentials, Join their Discord and become involved. AsterPool Company

Conclusion,

I’m convinced Asterpool is Healthy and worth using. I’m committing all of my miners to Asterpool to help decentralize the KDA mining network.

Asterpool has proven themselves over the twelve-day test. They give out earnings that match Poolflares earnings. Plus, Asterpool is fully transparent and working hard to continue to improve rejections and other issues. Asterpool also has plans to get their hashrates up once they get the rejection issue fixed.

• Join Asterpools Discord to get involved with this emerging pool with a ton of potential, AsterPool Company

For now, KD boxes with firmware 2.1.3 or newer, using Asterpools Auto-Geo locating Stratum url, will work very well with Asterpool!

Although I will no longer be keeping track of detailed daily earnings each day, I will be able to give updates of daily average earnings over a period of time. I will give updates as needed in the future.

2 Likes

Minimum payout starts at 0.10 KDA. This can be adjusted to whatever one wishes as well.

Just put my KD box on this pool. Will give updates here,

So far, I love how transparent Asterpool is! You can see all the information that pertains to the health of the pool. Luck, whether a block was an orphaned block or not.

And so far they are responsive on discord. I asked about un-usual high rejections… and they answered back quickly, Their answer is,

“the AsterPool team is aware of this issue and working on it. It is not issue with latency of network. It appears some mining machines are submitting more than usual duplicate shares. I’ll keep you posted once it is fixed.”

So I’ll give them a try and update here…

PoolMars did this for the first few days too then changed it to 1 KDA

FYI,

Last 24 hr. on Asterpool I was paid out 2.2074 KDA. Its been Hot today. But I’m sure there will be cold days ahead… since they are a new pool with very low hashrates…

Also,
Support and Customer service is Top Notch so far with Asterpool as well. They performed an update to their pool yesterday morning (To reduce the number of orphaned blocks), I noticed my miner had really low hashrates during this time. They reimbursed me (generously by the way) for the down time. (The reimbursement is not included in the above 24 hr. payouts)

Asterpool is new, they are still working out bugs, and have very low hashrates at the moment. But if you have any spare KDA miners, Please consider committing one to Asterpool to help them out. They know about the higher than normal rejections, and are also are aware of their webpage not showing accurate hashrates. Both are being worked on… So when you connect your spare miner, don’t be concern about those two issues.

Lets give them some hashrates…

Earnings with a KD box on Asterpool. Asterpool performed an update on the morning of April 4th. Update was to reduce the number of orphaned blocks. Earnings after April 4th should be better than before. Regardless, if you average out daily income for the 4 days, I get 1.004375 KDA per day.

Not bad at all…

They were able to solve the orphaned block issue. They are now addressing the higher than usual rejections and shown hashrate issues.

But thus far, my 5% rejection has not interfered with my KDA income. I’m still averaging a daily income that competes with Poolflare and Dxpool!

They are a good team from my interactions with them thus far. They communicate, are transparent, and have provided excellent customer service!

A quote from Asterpool, “Our goal is to match the payouts by other pools (which is about ~ 1.06 KDA / day for KD-BOX).”

I have high hopes for this Pool!

1 Like

FYI,

Asterpool applied an update today that reduces rejections. So far rejections have gone down after the update. Still room for improvements though…

My miners on Asterpool,
KD Box rejections before = 4.9% After = 3.93%
KD Box Pro rejections before = 5.76% After = 4.07%

From other users, KD5s rejections before = 20% After = 5 -10% (different between firmware perhaps?) (Still too early to fully determine though, still getting feedback)

But the team is very proactive.

Earnings still seem to be on par compared to Dxpool and Poolflare… But will give another update tomorrow.

Another update,

The rejections have steadied out on both my machines now after the test fix,

KD Box rejections: 3.93% (Before fix : 4.9%)

KD Box Pro rejections: 4.07% (Before fix : 5.76%)

So a small improvement in the right direction. Work is continuing to improve their rejection issue and is priority for them.

Updated (04/09/2022)
I calculated my 24 hr. earnings wrong. I learned that Asterpools daily earnings does not include any unpaid balance that one has. Only once the balance is paid is it than added to the currents days earnings. I will update on revenue once I get better accurate data…

There will be cold days and hot days! Asterpools total pool hashrates is still very low, so Luck variance will go back and forth.

I’ll continue to give updates here as time goes on.

Also, to note,

Asterpool has an auto geo-routed server url, : pool.asterpool.io:3088

Its suppose to auto pick which server your miner uses depending on your location, “Auto mode for lowest latency”…

But they also offer urls for manually picking your server too,

eu.asterpool.io:3088
us-west.asterpool.io:3088
us-east.asterpool.io:3088
east-asia.asterpool.io:3088

I was using us-east, but thought I’d try the auto picking one. To see if there is a noticeable difference…

Kinda cool in theory!

FYI,

My last earnings update was not accurate. I just realized that Asterpool only includes paid out KDA in Daily Earning Stats. I had my minimum payout set at 2 KDA. So, I had some KDA in my unpaid balance that was not included in the before 24 hr. earnings.

With this, I’m keeping better track and will update on Asterpools performance when I’m able to get an accurate number.

FYI, with Asterpools latest fix AND with Goldshells latest firmware 2.2.1,

Rejections for KD5’s are now down to 5-6% (it was 20%).

Rejection for KD Boxes are down to 4% (it was 5-6%)

Asterpool is still working on getting rejections lower.

1. Use Asterpools Auto Geo locating Stratum Url, (This url will automaticlly choose the fastest server according to your location.)

2. Use the correct Goldshell Firmware, [Goldshell] How to Upgrade Firmware – goldshell miner

3 Likes

Nice work Sprag!!

Planning on recording daily earnings till end of April, than finding the daily average.

Still pleasantly surprised on how well Asterpool is doing despite the higher than usual rejections…. I’m always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

FYI, Asterpool is setting up a brand new Australia Server to help reduce orphaned blocks in the Asia region. They seem to be very proactive and transparent… I have high hope for Asterpool!

It’s always a grind at the beginning!! As long as they’re proactive, they’ll be fine.

04/08/22 - 1.0897 KDA
04/09/22 - 1.4917 KDA
04/10/22 - 0.7630 KDA
04/11/22 - 1.0192 KDA
04/12/22 - 1.0056 KDA
04/13/22 - 0.9702 KDA
04/14/22 - 1.1111 KDA
04/15/22 - 1.0159 KDA
04/16/22 - 0.8691 KDA
04/17/22 - 1.0419 KDA
04/18/22 - 1.2098 KDA
04/19/22 - 0.8131 KDA

Daily Average: 1.0334 KDA to 1.0534 KDA depending on ending on a unlucky day or lucky day

To compare, (1 KD box, same timeframe)

I’ll continue to update this post as time goes on…

Asterpool 12 Day Test with Results!!!

Asterpool is still in the developmental stages. So, ups and downs are to be expected. If you’re a pioneer and want to help an upcoming KDA pool that has a lot of potentials, Join their Discord and become involved. AsterPool Company

[Kadena Mining Pool - Asterpool]( https://asterpool.io/pool/kda)

US based, with worldwide servers. 1% Fee with PPLNS pool payout system.

2. Use the correct Goldshell Firmware, (https://www.goldshell.com/upgrade-firmware/)

3. Be patient and make conclusions based on a number of days. (Mine for a week)(Asterpool hashrates are low right now, so earnings will be a lot like solo mining. Some days you will earn a lot of KDA. Other days you will earn less. But on average, you will get similar results as I got below. As Asterpool grows, it will give out more steady earnings in time like Poolflare.

Here is my data from my Twelve Day Test of Asterpool with a KD Box,

04/08/22 - 1.0897 KDA

04/09/22 - 1.4917 KDA

04/10/22 - 0.7630 KDA

04/11/22 - 1.0192 KDA

04/12/22 - 1.0056 KDA

04/13/22 - 0.9702 KDA

04/14/22 - 1.1111 KDA

04/15/22 - 1.0159 KDA

04/16/22 - 0.8691 KDA

04/17/22 - 1.0419 KDA

04/18/22 - 1.2098 KDA

04/19/22 - 0.8131 KDA

Daily Average: 1.0334 KDA to 1.0534 KDA (depending on ending on a unlucky day or lucky day)

To compare, (1 KD box, same timeframe as above)

Things to Know

1. Rejections will seem high. KD Box and KD Box Pro will have 4% rejections. But as you see from the above results, does not effect earnings. Asterpool is working on a fix to get rejections lower.

2. Asterpool is still in the developmental stages. So, ups and downs are to be expected. If you’re a pioneer and want to help an upcoming KDA pool that has a lot of potentials, Join their Discord and become involved. AsterPool Company

Conclusion,

I’m convinced Asterpool is Healthy and worth using. I’m committing all of my miners to Asterpool to help decentralize the KDA mining network.

Asterpool has proven themselves over the twelve-day test. They give out earnings that match Poolflares earnings. Plus, Asterpool is fully transparent and working hard to continue to improve rejections and other issues. Asterpool also has plans to get their hashrates up once they get the rejection issue fixed.

• Join Asterpools Discord to get involved with this emerging pool with a ton of potential, AsterPool Company

For now, KD boxes with firmware 2.1.3 or newer, using Asterpools Auto-Geo locating Stratum url, will work very well with Asterpool!

Although I will no longer be keeping track of detailed daily earnings each day, I will be able to give updates of daily average earnings over a period of time. I will give updates as needed in the future.

This is supper amount of mined KDA , I put 2 KD box pro to Poolmars to test and for now I not satisfaed… only 2,7 KDA per day for 2 KD box pro rejection rate is lower then 0.8%…

Give Asterpool a try,

Use Asterpools Auto-geolocating Stratum Url:

pool.asterpool.io:3088

Try them for a week,

I think you’ll be happy with them!

1 Like

Quick update,

23 days of data using a KD Box on Asterpool,

Daily Average for 1 KD box = 1.0161 KDA

Work is still being done to get rejections down…

1 Like