Avalon 1246 good or bad

Hello. I am new to mining and trying to buy my first miners. Does anyone have any feedback on the Avalon 1246 miners. I am looking to spend around 8k to 10k any other recommendations. Thanks

Bitcoin miner is definitely good for LONG TERM, but if you’re going for a quick ROI, I would look at different miner.

1 Like

A month ago the ROI on the Avalon 1246 and the 1166 was pretty good at around 130% and a payback at about 9 months. Now, with the dip in the price of BTC you’re looking at a ROI of 52% for either. (I’m using Mining Syndicate prices for miners.) Long term I think BTC will recover and go back up above previous levels but my crystal ball is a bit foggy.

1 Like

plan for bitcoin going back to $15-20K. If it does you will be glad you spent the xtra $ and bought S19 110TH instead of a 1246. Below 15K only the S19xp might be profitable

1 Like

I have wondered about the avalon machines as well. Seems like cost/ profit ratio is better than the antminer. I wonder how they hold up with regards to reliability compared to the antminer.

1 Like

I have had two 1246’s for about 3 months with no issues. They have been a good addition my mining operation.

2 Likes

one of my fav

1 Like