BCVault Fail! OMG

Okay, so I haven’t had enough stress with the market in the last few weeks.

I bought the BCVault hardware wallet. Installed, moved from Online storage to the vault. So far so good. backed everything up. So far, so good.

Unplugged the vault to take my notebook to a different location. Came back to my home office. plugged in the vault.

Total $ = 0.00

Excuse me? Restored from backup.

Total $ = 0.00

Tried other backups. Restore successful.

Total $ = 0.00

FML. $10k vanished into thin air. This just gets better and better.

Suggestions anyone?

Did you purchase it directly from mfr or a 3rd party? Also, I’m not familiar with bcvault, I use ledger, it has a transaction history on their app. Can you see where you made the deposits and then when they went out on the bc vault?

1 Like

Just helping you trouble shoot.
https://youtu.be/rF4nuOY6GuA That’s the How To link/video on BC Vaults website.

A couple things stand out.
Step 1 - removing the protective tamper proof barrier. This step tells us that if the barrier was misplaced then the Hardware wallet is subjectable to pre-hacking.
I notice there is a “Global” password and PIN and a “Wallet/Account” password and PIN (are you mixing those 2 up?)
Did you test the wallet? Meaning transfer a small amount of crypto in then out?
Because BC Vault has a centralized exchange built in, they have copies of everything. So I believe you should be able to contact customer support once all other efforts have not worked.
Did you use the "create a backup " function?

On the video is the link to BC Vault tech support.

Keep us updated if you get resolution or not.

1 Like

@Chsear11 brings up a good point. Go to a Blockchain explorer (for the crypto type you used) and enter the address you sent to. From there you will get a side of the story. If the assets are there or if they have moved and if so , to where.

1 Like

I bought it directly from BCVault. I can see the deposits and where they were. Nothing going out. Still showing 0.00 totals though.

Thank you. I did all of the above. Also sent a support ticket.

Since the original post, I can click on the BTC, LTC, ETH links on the top of the page, and see when the deposits went in to the wallet, and how much they were. But they still show 0.00 balances.

s

OMG, i really hope this works out.

Also, there are a ton of fake apps and scams…please make sure you’re on the correct app/website. It can look real, but is fake. That is another good reason to do a small deposit first like @Kadiyania mentioned. I’ve had my ledger for a while, but if doing a large transfer, I split it into multiple transactions and just pay the the extra gas in case something happens

Update:
So, this morning there is an update to download from BCVault. Downloaded, installed, opened,

Bingo Bango Bongo, the coin is all back.

I still have no idea what happened, but this does not make me feel warm and fuzzy!!!

The coin is back. whew… My wife will let me sleep in the house now.

Thanks all.

5 Likes

So now that things are OK, let me ask what I would not dare to ask in a bad situation.
Why BC Vault ? Why not any of the Ledger versions or the originals KeepKey or OpenDime .

Is it a specific feature? Did BC Vault advertise better to you? Did someone recommend it? Did Google Ad-Sense recommend it to you?

BCVault because Vosk featured it on a video. No other reason. With this experience I may turn it into a $200 paperweight and go with a different solution.

which video or article did he feature that?

1 Like