Best Miner for heating my office

So right off the bat, I’m thinking a goldshell box would be the best. Small, not terribly loud but I can’t do the mini doge because the RGB lights are too obnoxious and distracting. Being able to use a 110v would be ideal as well.

Any other input or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Why not use some black electrical tape to cover up the lights?

Here is my office and my little mini set up. I’m mining with my two office PC’s and a mini doge under the desk. (i own the company, so it’s not that big of a deal.)

1 Like

Like @Niceface said I just put a little piece of duct tape over the led. Very small - try not to cover too much of the vent holes. 1/4" x 1/2" is about right. I have 2 in my office, 1 in my dining room, 1 in my wife’s office, and 3 in the basement. They do help with the heating. It can be 68 in the hallway and 75 in my office. I like spreading them around the house rather than all together.

@Niceface you may want to get that off the floor unless you are planning to clean it out every couple of months. I guess it depends on your cleaning habits, lol. My PC’s would always get nasty if on the floor.

Here’s the 3 in my basement. Small pieces of gorilla tape covering the blue leds but left the red leds exposed - I want to know if there’s a problem. You can still barely see the blue led through the white gorilla tape.

@Niceface damn that’s a slick set up… you hiring? Lol :joy:

These are the RGB fans that I’m talking about… a little piece of tape doesn’t cover this

Oh, you can turn those off if you like in the UI. Just go to the MINER tab on the miner’s web page, scroll to the bottom, and click the button that says ‘Switch’.
Alternatively there is a black button sticking out by the power supply port. Pressing that will switch between all the light modes. If you hold it in for a few seconds it will turn the fan lights off completely. This document also goes over this:

trash

You should think about how much heat you actually need for your office. The size of the space and your location can influence the choice of miner. Some miners may be better suited for smaller areas, while others are designed for larger spaces.
If you’re concerned about energy costs, you might want to factor in the electricity consumption of the miner as well. Some models are more energy-efficient than others, which can make a difference in the long run.
Lastly, if you ever decide to upgrade your heating system at home, those cheap radiators could be worth considering. They can provide a cost-effective way to keep your house warm and cozy during the colder months.