Best miner to GPU mine ETH?

What’s the best miner to GPU mine ETH. Please don’t say minergate, i believe them to be a scam. Ive noticed some GPU miners just dont work unless you got a really nice gpu. it would be great to find software that work with mine.

1 Like

You could try https://github.com/NebuTech/NBMiner . I’ve used that miner with Kucoin pools. It’s sucked for me due to GPU limitations.
The way I get around that is to roll back my miner version to an acceptable version, which kind of sucks because I’m opting for the lesser miner.
This is probably not what you want, but it’s an option.
I ended up liking the miner though, it’s easy and is good to have in the bag of tricks for other coins.

2 Likes

Thanks!! Are there any others yall suggest?

I got NBminer running, but can Not find a dashboard link xmrig has. So how can i check my earnings with NBminer?

1 Like

First I think , check the pool itself. That should have all the info you need to calculate earnings.
What pool are you using? (and to follow up on what ever your answer is, do you have a Kucoin exchange account? they have a pool there. High fee’s but a giant pool by a legit group)

So NB Miner does have a web interface. I have Not set mine up , I just used pool stats/payment history, From a quick web search I see a variable is your operating system. Or said another way, Hive VS Windows have vastly different setup’s with NBminer.

Are you running the newest NBminer version? I’d like to hear more. Stats, # of GPU, motherboard, OP system? Just to learn more from someone doing it. I only ran my miners to “mint” ETH for a couple weeks. I ended up shunning eth like Sunlight to a Vampire.

Let me bring up a sub topic. Have you considered mining Cryptonight Algorithm Coins ? I know they get a lot of slack for not being as $$ as others. I disagree. With a 4 GPU mining CCX (a random "privacy coin) I mine 10-16 per day (currently .253) @ 2.50 - 4.00 a day. I kind of think I’m doing better than some fancy ASIC’s (the cheaper ones). My rig is 1275 watts.

If you are interested , here’s a demo I made. It’s in the comments to this link/post, not the post itself. It’s a 100% demo- pools, wallets, programs … without even saying it… it’s even a tad rebel. Nothing about my demo will land on tax paper work, but I don’t explain that. It just is.
https://9gag.com/gag/aQoO0mz

1 Like

I am using “us2.ethermine.org” from https://ethermine.org/. so far im clicked around there, connected my wallet and all i see is pool Statistics. I do not have kucoin at this time. Ill be glad to post my stats. lol as soon as I can find the info were are talking about. thanks so much for your help!

1 Like

On ethermine.org , up top , is a box that say’s “Miner Address” . I believe you enter the destination wallet (your wallet addie) and it will bring up the dashboard associated with any miner mining to that wallet addie. That dashboard will show all your stats. Yes, I just tested this.

Awesome… I’ll let it run over the weekend…

1 Like

I might have missed it, which GPU are you using?
I am using an RTX 3060ti LHR and i chose to use the T-Rex miner.
Using 2miners.com mining pool (mining ETH) and getting daily payouts in Nano with no fees to my exodus wallet.
Only been doing it for 2 weeks and have accumulated around 15 nano, however to convert it back to ETH I need like 56 nano so have to wait a little longer. I am not sure if there will be any fees to do that but I thought it was interesting.

2 Likes

I have a XFX AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5 on the msi b450 mobo with tridentZ f4-3200c16d ram all overclocked. so far all i have is .00019ETH from ABOUT a day ago. it shows an average of 7.2 MH/s. sounds like i need to try yours out? I willing to GPU mine other coins, any suggestion ?

1 Like

In regards to other coins, I gave my suggestion in a above post, Cryptonight coins.

So funny topic here. Have you switched the hidden switch on your GPU’s to “miner” and not GPU mode? Lol I’m actually serious. That little switch is small, and unmarked so knowing if it’s on or off is tricky.

The other coins I mine are CCX , Wownero , XEQ. Been thinking about alephium, saw a video here >>https://voskcointalk.com/t/how-to-mine-alephium-pool-mining/32408

And as dumb as this sounds, Monero. I assume you have a 1151 CPU , not the best for cpu mining but always a electric efficient way to cut cost. When I’m feeling like it, I won’t power my GPU’s and just power the board (to use as little electricity as possible) and mine monero.

I like hashvaults. Nothing to do with fees or whatever. I just like the layout/format , They use the GitHub cookie cutter pool host, which I appreciate. I just like that style.https://hashvault.pro/

To be honest, I know your GPU well and I believe , due to ETH mining limitations, you might be better off mining other coins.

I’d add, I’m bias. I hate ETH and their “pre-minted” scam. IMO ETH harvesting is not even mining. We miners do not create ETH, it was already created by the centralized data base. ETH/ERC is not a blockchain, it’s a edited MYSQL program. A standard/random bank has better programs, that actually work. If you told me my payment would either come in Doge or ETH, I’d take the Doge 8 days a week.
ETH can drink paddy water. (spits)

You got me… I agree ETH does Not look like what I want. As for my CPU it is an AMD Ryzen 3900x. I started out only wanting to mine Monero. Then I figure while the PC is on, why not use a GPU to mine. Monero seems to be a keeper to me, what about you?

I knew nothing about the “switch” on my GPU. I can only assume it will help my hashrate? Not there now or i would be pulling it out trying it. lol

There are so many coins now days, for me still being new it can be a task making a choice of what to mine. My goal is to mine to best upcoming coins of the next 10years or so. I consider myself to be smarter in average and capable of doing more than most. I just need a little guidance as you see.

I like people like yourself that tell it straight, I hold that as a positive quality in a person. thank you once again.

The Cryptonight coins I am Not seeing traded in my fav wallets, crypto.com and exodus?

1 Like

You will find a lot of confusion about that little switch on the internet. I recommend flipping it back and forth in test. The pamphlet that came with the GPU is vague. The switch is unlabeled.
I believe your GPU has this. If you have the box/pamphlet , read about it. It just mines a pinch faster and opens the option to reboot a new bios for overclocking. I never did the reboot, just used the switch to its fastest performance.

Before I start in, I am political crypto. I’ll try to not sound so bias, but I am. By political crypto I mean that I ask myself “does investing in this crypto support drone bombing people for religious causes”.

About Monero. I’m iffy, both ways. I love Monero and what it is, in a similar but lesser way that I love Bitcoin. The trader part of me does not have as cheerful of an outlook. Monero is in numerous crosshairs in crypto. Big money hates when “the slaves” (us) make/create “Coins” , they prefer you use Digital Fiat (pre-mined/pre-minted/minted/tokens). Then the anonymous/privacy of Monero goes against the popularity/big money who are more and more opting for MYSQL style blockchains for records and taxes. So that’s the money side (maybe the enemies in some cases). Then comes the tech angle. Much of the Token side of crypto is based on being backed by tokens>that are backed by Stables (which are tokens) > which are backed by other tokens > that might be backed by BTC , or a couple more steps. That said, “Coins” don’t fit into the Smart Contract AMM’s (Automatic/Automated Market Makers [computers and people]) model, yet, aside from Bitcoin. But this is the plight of all Mined Coins, not just Monero.

HODLing Monero has not worked out well for me. Trading it, Yes on the Quarterly or yearly scale. I say no to HODL because BTC fluctuation is the variable. I have XMR I mined from 2016, it has lost Satoshi value while wildly gaining in $$ value. BTC left US Fiat in the dust. I would have been better off holding BTC.
That said. For moral reasons. I do keep Monero. I consider it doing my part. I hold my Coins like trophies.

Ok, so this is why I started with a warning about my crypto beliefs
But you touched a tough topic. “Coins”. You don’t see “Coins” on exchanges that only trade in pre-mined/pre-minted crpto (except BTC/LTC/DASH the O.G.s). Crypto.com is VISA , it is fair to say they would prefer that you trade the pre-minted tokens they Minted rather than the ones that the slaves created through fair labor and profit.
I do recommend Exodus to people, for reasons of simplicity and ease. But they have changed a lot, largely do to ETH fanboy types who flooded the crypto sphere, like cult members trying to convince everyone the Kool-aid is awesome. Originally Exodus was a “coin” wallet that came in the wave of personalized multi-coin wallets as a poor persons desktop alternative to KeepKey and Trezor. Then KeepKey and Trezor started connecting to exchanges and evolved into a new thing, largely influenced by the ERC blockchain (ETH). To combat this Exodus turned into a real company (they call it foundation [tax reasons , I assume]) and opened an exchange on their wallet. In the new model the members (largely ETH fanboys) turned Exodus into a mainly ETH wallet.
Times are changing due to competing networks to ERC, such as LUNA, SOL, AVAX or others. Multi-coin wallets (even though they hold mainly tokens now) are now forced to allow other network tokens in or get left in the dust.

So the reason you see no coins is because the sellout exchanges need to be beaten and written threating emails before they allow a lowly people’s coin onto there gold and diamond plated exchanges.

An exchange I like, but is super low tech, is TradeOgre. Originally I was referred to make a T.O. account because they had wallets for “a lot of coins people mine”. Little did I know. TradeOgre trades Coins, not tokens. They do have 4 tokens, but mainly mined Cryptocurrency Coins (the good stuff).
A more modern example would be MEXC Global. I could tell a whole story about how MX is a Native Utility Token that ties 3 exchanges in 3 separate legal zones, but the simpler version is to say MEXC Global supports the idea of remaining decentralized and Anon , even though they are a centralized exchange. That little wiff of freedom is what gets them to host Coin markets.

Very often when I find a new Cryptonight coin I will see it listed on TradeOgre first. Cryptunit.com also focuses on Cryptonight and often has great info on new projects. 10 year mining goal is tricky, to date BTC/LTC/ETH have been the only coins/tokens to fit that model and remain profitable. I would almost recommend keeping only BTC for 10 years with expectation of returns, but that also seems flawed, even though BTC is a rather safe hold.

Its taken me weeks in soak in all that info. Again thank you for all your help. As for now ill finish out my mining with the ETH and then withdraw and at that time change to something, as for what im not sure yet.

I really chasing more long tern gains, mining I really like but is only a small part of my investment for now.

FYI, im fixen to post a new topic tonight and would enjoy your input on it please.

1 Like