Best value used miner? WITH free electricity

Hi, hope someone could steer me in the right direction.

I now have free electricity, but limited capital for equipment.

What is the cheapest “non profitable” asic?

I see the antminer s9 for around 60$, those are supposed to pull about 30$/month.
So it would pay for itself in 2 months, any other options that’s better in your opinion?

Most important factor is how fast the hardware pays for itself, considering free electricity and all.

Efficiency, noise etc, Idk about :+1:

ya if elect is free for you then any of the old BTC miners or even a L3+ will pay its self back. But if i was looking i would consider Halong Mining Dragonmint T1, 16 TH/s. can get one of these with power supply off ebay used for around 150 bucks.

A little more expensive “pr hash” than the s9, but seems it can run more algorithms? :thinking::+1:

yep and runs at a faster speed then the s9 so you would get more BTC during the same time period

I’ve been skimming the asic profitability chart in hopes of finding some crazy inefficient high hash rate asic, but seems the s9 and the DragonMint are some of the more viable options :thinking:

I don’t mind having a lot of them tho.
I’m thinking of spending around 450$, I could get 8 s9’s used from China, anything to look out for? Are there fakes etc?

I would ebay buy them from people here in the US, not much more cost wise and would be better protected and receive much faster

every handshake miner ever

1 Like

So I found the answer I was looking for :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
These are the most profitable miners, accounting for the price of the miner. IF YOU HAVE FREE ELECTRICITY😂

Bitfury b8
Bitfily Snow Panther A1
Bitfury tardis
MicroBT Whatsminer M10S

If you happen to have one you want to sell, hit me up :ok_hand:

There is this guy in Seattle that I bought some from…he ships pretty fast…he is on eBay I got some S9’s…if u want his link let me know…

Another idea is Craigslist and offer up…some people really just want to rid of them…

1 Like

@Tor_g

Hello there!

Apologies replying to an old thread but just wanted to add some input:

If you are sourcing used S9 Antminers the current market rate is approximately 30-50 USD including PSUs (Dependent on quantity needed). Anything above this price is a premium as they are not a very profitable model unless you have very cheap electricity hence their value is low.

Hope this helps,

Horus.