Best Wallet for Kadena?

What is the current gold standard for Kadena wallets (Preferably Cold Storage)? Ledger has been my go to up until now, but unfortunately Ledger does not support Kadena at the moment. What do you guys use for your day to day?

X-wallet is OK. It’s one of the 3 Kadena recommends. https://docs.kadena.io/basics/wallets

Chainweaver is a pickle to install. Zelcore is OK also. The big difference between Zelcore and X-Wallet is the ability to sign API apps. So basically Zelcore Can log-in to KDA Dex’s and X-Wallet can not.

The main reason I went with x-wallet is because it is a Google Chrome Extension wallet, easy to install and easy to use.

Tradeogre is a decent option also. They run Chainweeaver type wallets so you wont have issues with “on-chain” type bullshit you might run into on Coinbase, Kucoin or Binance. A lot of users report issues (lost funds) if they try to send from exchange to exchange because various exchanges use various on-chains. Tradeogre use’s chain 0-19, the normal/OG on-chain.

1 Like

This highlights some issues people have.
If you look at https://docs.kadena.io/basics/exchanges, read the print for each exchanges info.
You will see how Binance keeps KDA on Chain-0 but transfers it out to Chain-2.
Where as Kucoin keeps KDA on chain-0 but transfers out on Chain-1.

Then look at Bittrex and Hotbit , Chain-0 only or Chain0-10 only. That’s the issue. So if you send from Binance or Kucoin to Bitrex your funds are gone. And that is just 1 case example. Various exchanges all have issues with KDA.

Thanks for the advice Kadiyania!

1 Like

Zelcore is good

X-Wallet is now available for iPhones and Android Phones as an app for both now.

Binance works for me just fine

I believe keeping your crypto at a reputable exchange is more safe than using a shady wallet that hasn’t been tested.

1 Like

I use Zelcore wallet without any issues. It was very buggy through this time last year, and somewhat buggy up until Dec/Jan or so. But I’ve had no problems since and they keep gradually adding functionality and features.

I use Binance and CoinMetro… never any issues sending From DX Pool.

I’m currently sending from DXPool where I mine direct to Binance or Chainweaver. Usually just to Binance to be honest. I am no expert at this though. I have tried sending between exchanges tbh I’m just holding onto my coins.

I’ve been using Koala Wallet since it’s beta and its awesome so far, rlly easy to use

Check it out https://koalawallet.io non-custodial mobile wallet built by a team with years of experience in development and support in multi-chain wallets

they said they’ll be adding swap and NFT features soon

3 Likes

Tried the Koala Wallet out and Im liking where they are going! Projects like these will make Kadena better!

2 Likes

I just started using Koala Wallet myself and am LOVING IT so far! Also joined their Discord where you can talk to the actual developers and team from Eucalyptus Labs, who are building the wallet, and give feedback and suggestions. They are super responsive! Once they add NFT and in app swaps this will be the go to wallet for Kadena hands down! They already have built in fiat on ramp providers as well. Definitely worth checking out their site koalawallet.io

2 Likes

FYI, Koala Wallet is officially a Kadena approved wallet now,

1 Like

Kadena has its own wallet called “Chainweaver” which is available for download on their website. It is a desktop wallet that allows you to securely store, manage, and trade your Kadena assets. It also has built-in features for staking, governance, and participating in Kadena’s smart contract platform. Other options for storing Kadena include using a hardware wallet, such as Ledger or Trezor, or storing it on a exchange that supports the Kadena token.
It is recommended that you always use a wallet or exchange that you trust and have thoroughly researched.

Ledger does not support Kadena

I am using Koala, transferring in from KuCoin (where the pool sends it) each time I hit 100 Kadena. You just have to be careful which chain you send and receive on. The first 2 times KuCoin sent on chain 0, Now it sends on chain 1…