Bitlet.net - is this a scam site?

Hi Folks,

Has anyone ever heard of Bitlet.net - an old friend has reached out asking to move coins off of their that he won in some competition… already sounds scetchy I know, I’ve spoken with him and confirmed HE is real but know nothing of the exchange - it asked him for KYC which he has done but says a deposit of 0.01 BTC needs to happen to activate it - I’ve told him it sounds like a scam to me but it would be great for him if some folks on here can verify the exchange as being legit!

TIA!

Looks/sounds like a scam to me…

3 Likes

Wouldn’t touch it with a 10 foot pole!

2 Likes

100% a scam. All the feedback is young.

The website claims to be from 2016. But the truth is that the website was created days ago.

This is a common scam where someone will dm you on Discord, Twitter, Telegram, etc. And say that you won a prize. Then when you go to claim it, it will ask for your personal information. Then they sell that information.

After you did the “KYC”, it will say you need to deposit money first before you can claim it. Once you deposit the money into it, the prize will appear in your wallet.

Then when you try to withdrawal, it will either say please wait 24, hours and keep giving you excuses.

So 101% a scam. Nothing is free.

4 Likes

Yeah, this was my thought too, I was just hopeful for the guy that someone would have evidence otherwise - cheers all.

3 Likes

Always be suspicious of newer websites :wink:

1 Like

I just stumbled across bitlet.net and had instant red flags. According to them I won 0.28BTC roughly through a survey but had to go forward with KYC and had to invest 0.01BTC to withdraw. I’ve done neither of these things as I didn’t trust them. For one look at the reviews on trust pilot the good reviews, all have another site in common something called BC.game which seems well sketchy as well. The other thing I’ve noticed is that they go on about their CEO on the site- trying to find the CEO is near impossible (probably because he doesn’t exist) if you try to google him the only results are for a Chinese painter and if you google search the image its just stock images of a Chinese man in a suit. I tried questioning the “customer service” over this and was flat out told that I was wrong and I made the mistake. Sorry for the long response here I just thought I’d share my experience with them and how I don’t think they are legit.

The website claims to be from 2016. But the truth is that the website was created days ago.

This is a common scam where someone will dm you on Discord, Twitter, Telegram, etc. And say that you won a prize. Then when you go to claim it, it will ask for your personal information. Then they sell that information.

After you did the “KYC”, it will say you need to deposit money first before you can claim it. Once you deposit the money into it, the prize will appear in your wallet.

Then when you try to withdrawal, it will either say please wait 24, hours and keep giving you excuses.

2 Likes

Hello,

I’m in similar situation, i’ve saw on fb ad about entering promo code which gave me 0.35BTC = 9K$, id verify ok, but then same story, 0.01BTC transfer…
Did anyone got further in this proces? And actually came to the point of withdraw and transfer to banc acc?

Thx for sharing

It’s 100% a scam. Don’t even go on the site.

Also that information that you gave them, has been sold.

2 Likes

I agree with Krisz that what ever identification you gave them has been sold and you’re at risk of getting your identity stolen. If I were you I would immediately contact your local authorities to change your details so you can make any information you gave them useless

2 Likes

What do you mean with “change your details”?

Right now, if you gave them your ID and other information, they are opening things under your name.

So if you gave them your license, you should get a new one. With a new license number on it so they don’t open things under it.

1 Like

If you’ve given them 100 points of identity they can open bank accounts under your name and launder money and you could take the blame for example, or more extreme circumstances people have sold their houses, taken out bank loans and leave you to repay, called banks to get control of your other bank accounts, not an ideal situation to be in

1 Like

What info did you give them?

Guys! I saw a Facebook ad for bitlet.net 2 days ago and used the promo code to get 0.35btc, but they say that only those who have completed KYC can withdraw, but do they force you to deposit money when you press the withdraw button? Trustpilot reviews show that some people have withdrawn their money, but I can’t withdraw it just because of kyc?

I want to listen your experience about this!

@Bobby_Jeong_Jonny

2 Likes

And don’t give them any information, or they will sell it and create fraud under your name.

1 Like

I just test of mine KYC actually and if they want to some deposit or like this, Ill do delete account.

Anyway thanks for review.

But actually i wonder how some people withdrawl their promo paid fund :thinking:

They didn’t withdraw their btc, the reviews are fake

1 Like