Bitmain's new KAS Miner - PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

So it’s official. The $99,999 price is a placeholder until the actual price is released next week.

2 Likes

The verdict is in and I’m not gonna lie…I nailed the price. $49,800 on the dot was my guess.

Guys and girls…please don’t buy this miner. You’ll get rekt. And if it’s your first time mining you’ll leave it forever. If you have $50,000 to spare go for it. But you will not get rich with this miner. Period.

4 Likes

Do you remember when Kadena Max machine was going for upwards of $50K and people were lining up to grab one? That exact same miner is now worth nothing losing you money everyday unless you have free electricity in which 99% of people don’t…I hope yall don’t fall for this scam run by bitmain…

3 Likes

well dear lord this gonna burn alot of people buying, the hashrate will get alot higher and difficulty will also be spiking harsh, if you are considering this and seeing all the fancy numbers of what x can make per day etc, remember higher hashrate-difficulty = less per day , and yeah as prev post said people went and got the effective kda miners and sadly see where kda is now

1 Like

Yeah… don’t buy hype, let this settle out. And never do a pre-order. If the machine has so much hype that the pre-orders sell out then you’re going to be over paying for the machine, 99% of the time the resellers will have some set aside when they get released anyway. And most pre-orders are riddled with complications. Look at the recent game Apexto just pulled, selling pre-orders and then when they released it, turned out they never actually purchased any from bitmain and were unable to deliver. Or the fiasco with the KD5 that was never built and instead they made a KD6 which you had to pay twice as much for. And of course there are always issues with hash rates not being what they claim and potential reliability issues with untested systems, like the Lite machines overheating from slow fans. Stick with the reliable systems, the long term plan will pay off. Trying to catch that first wave of miners so you can pull profits first is an absolutely massive gamble and unless you’re related to the manufacturers, you’re not going to be getting the first miners out the door…

3 Likes

I went with the KS0 by ice river for $1800. I was not going to risk any more money because I knew Bitmain was going to come out with a Kaspa miner. I will let you know when I get one(supposed to ship June 5th) and how it performs the specs look great 100GH at 65W. It will cost me 15 cents a day to run. My plan is to mine as much Kaspa as possible before bitmain launches their miners. I think Bitmain will pump the Kaspa price until they release their miners to justify the high price tag once sold they don’t care this is when I will dump my Kaspa and hopefully have enough to pay back what I paid for the miner. Bitmain and Ice river should not be charging more than 20k for their 8 TH miner. It will be a big struggle to make the $50K back.

2 Likes

If I’m not wrong, kaspa is already crashing do to the news of this miner. Price is dumping, but I guess it could recover

1 Like

Nope it is up bitmain is pushing it up. last 7 days it is up 13% in a down market.

I doubt it’s bitmain pushing the price up. With bitmain’s connections and capital, if they wanted to push it, they’d push it much higher than that. Also, now is not the time to push it when the miner isn’t officially available for sale. IF and only IF they decide to play this shenanigans, they would do exactly what goldshell did to pump kadena and their KD5. It will be when the miners are officially available. Miners have become too smart unless you are new to this space.

This is history repeating itself unfortunately. I think all of those who have been on here for a while have seen these very expensive miners become paper weights overnight.

3 Likes

If say, 200 of these start mining, at about 2k per day, and they sell it off as soon as its mined, wont the price absolutely tank?