Bitmain's new KAS Miner - PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

So it appears Bitmain is entering the KAS mining space. Great.

This screenshot of KAS is listed as a firmware option on Bitmain’s website made the rounds today and my price list has a new option today. A Bitmain Antminer KS3 pushing out 3T @ 1800 watts for $13,999. Giving the finger to IceRiver’s 1T and 2T miners with a price tag of $15,900 and $29,900 respectively. Granted Bitmain is saying delivery will be late 2023 so if IceRiver can deliver in June/July as they are promising then those still might be the way to go to scoop up as many rewards as possible before the difficulty really starts to fly.

4 Likes

Wow, that was quick. I was thinking Bitmain wouldn’t announce a KAS miner until late 2023.

Hope ice river delivers on their June delivery dates

1 Like

not officially announced…but it’s coming :eyes:

Yeah pretty much. Well that’s kinda nice but kinda not. I like bitmain and their support system, but I hate the massive difficulty spikes after one of their new miners are released.

Guess it’ll be worth while if KAS does good long term as a token

1 Like

Correction, exact specs just released and holy shit. 8.3T. 4x what IceRiver just put out. Is this be healthy for the security of the KAS ecosystem?

4 Likes

LFGOOOOO!!! Bitmain crushing the market with these monsters lol. Well let’s see how the presale goes. I have a feeling they are already SOLD OUT! :unamused:

1 Like

My understanding is 140 of these machines will double the network hashrate, and half profits, along with Icerivers that I don’t think have shipped yet. Do you have any idea if they would release roughly 1000 miners for their first batch? I’m just trying to get my guess right for the $10,000 coupon :grin: thanks

3 Likes

I cannot agree with you anymore. Now its network hashrate is around 1126TH. And one unit of KS3 is 8.3T. 140 units are enough to double the network hashrate. Whatsmore, its estimated delivery date is in August, 3 months to go. Thus there exist many inpredictable variables during the 3 months. Anyway its ROI is so eye catching for now, around only 100 days.

2 Likes

Anyone paying attention knew this was coming but I agree surprised at how quickly they brought these to market along with how powerful they are compared to their competition… big dog Bitmain and their KS3 Antminers lol

5 Likes

Isnt this super dangerous to the network? someone buys 100-200 right at launch. Big risk for a 51% attack isnt there? Also coin price could be completely trashed by this. Bitmain dev team on monster and redbull 24/7

Im not going to lie, I admire Bitmain for being the absolute monster they are and going for the jugular with all their competition. The unfortunate part of it is, it doesn’t just impact the smaller manufacturers (IceRiver, it crumples the individual miners. It’s the Goldshell KD6 situation all over again.

The max you can buy is 30 miners so hopefully that won’t be an issue

3 Likes

Thats good. some random farm just takes over the entire network haha

2 Likes

Any bold predictions what the gross usd per day for a single KS3 will be a month after release?

My bet, $15.

Holy,

1 Like

Well that’s one way to price it. Good thing they limited the presale to 30 units. :joy:

2 Likes

I just can’t help seeing kas bottom out like kda did. This is massive buckaroos for these units.

1 Like

Hey Budget miner, know a budget surgeon? I’m just looking to sell both my kidneys to buy one :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

You still can they are not sold out yet.

HURRY rush to the hospital.

2 Likes

Nope. Dont know any suregens currently. will update you if I ever meet one
:rofl:

2 Likes