Bobcat Miner 300 - Still available after China crypto crackdown?

I was getting ready to order a Bobcat 300 miner when the news broke recently that China is banning all cryptocurrency transactions. So are we still able to order these units? I see that the Bobcat 300 website says San Francisco, CA. - however all the mining units themselves are manufactured in China. Since we can only purchase with USDC- does this transaction go through their San Francisco office and then the order is fulfilled in China? I’d like to get one or two of these at the factory price of $429 - I can wait for the delivery time. The secondary market markup on these units is insane - I see scalpers selling them on Ebay and Facebook Marketplace for $1000-2000 each! Anyone here know if we can still order them from the factory without losing our money?
Thanks in advance for your replies.

1 Like

I am hoping that they can complete prepaid orders. I paid for mine last Monday. with a 12 - 20 week wait period.

1 Like

I think it depends on how they get paid.
For example, Goldshell uses Coinbase Commerce to collect BTC, but the pays Goldshell in real currency, whether USD or Yuan (if available). So, in reality, the price is in USD, but Coinbase Commerce handles the crypto transaction, potentially shielding Goldshell from directly dealing in crypto (although they say you have to pay in crypto because that’s what their 3rd party processor uses).

Pulled the trigger and ordered one 9/29. Got a receipt. 12-20 week wait. Better than paying the $1000-2000 price the scalpers are selling them for on Ebay/ Facebook marketplace.

1 Like