Building a GPU Mining Rig for $1,000 in 2020 - BUILD LIST!

Appreciate the response. Like I said I’m completely new to this so I’m still trying to learn what I need before I dive in.

You’re welcome. It’s basically building a computer, with the focus being on extra graphics cards. Though, it really depends what you want to do with it. If you want to be able to game or mine, then the specs you would go with would be a little bit different. With GPU mining, you can skimp on things like RAM and CPU, since they’re not really used much outside of just running the operating system. The original video isn’t a bad starting point. The technology hasn’t really changed in the past 9 months, just the prices, lol.

Thanks for putting this list together. I had an extra 2080 and decided to put it to use. Just waiting on the CPU to turn it on.

Shouldn’t your ram be on the same corresponding slot colours (ie. A & C)

I’ll just be a bit off the “1000$” topic, lol

, but to show this rig can be expanded (running 4 GPU right now, 5 might even be possilble)

1 Like

lol. Did you find decent prices anywhere? Or just pulled the plug and went for it.

Looks great thx for sharing.

Thank you for helping me get my mining knowledge going. Successfully build my 1660 super rig when the hope to expand from a business perspective :pray:

pulled the plug and went for it for the first 2 GPUs, found #3 and #4 for 100$ cheaper but still at an unreasonable price. And finally got #5 & #6 for 100$ above msrp.

1 Like

Can i use 3 or 4 GTX 1050 ti?

I’m using 4 1660S so why not (and I have room for 2 more (usingM.2 connector))

Do you reckon it would fit 2x 3080?

Has anyone used EVGA 06G-P4-1068-KR GeForce GTX 1660 Super Sc Ultra Gaming, 6GB … for a rig

I can’t even fit my 1660s side by side so I doubt you can put two 3080 side by side, but if you use a riser you should be able to, as I did. See how I place card#2 vertically in between front fan and mobo.

Hi

I have one but I need a longer usb cable to connect it
Because it is to far apart from the mobo on the new rig frame

Only connect it to see if it’s working and know that has Hynix memory.

I know this is not a 1k rig but just saying that I have on to go on a rig

hey what is that case vosk used

Hey, it was the first on the mining rig list
https://geni.us/eEKBU7

1 Like

thank you

1 Like

I just went looking for parts at Best Buy, I will purchase them through Social Good for 50% token back. Before I click purchase I wanted ask, would it be as effective to buy a gaming PC? The cost is about $500 cheaper as much as I like to build things. Thank you everyone.