Buying a GS Mini Doge miner from Private seller, what questions do I need to ask? What to look out for?

Hi everyone.

Looking to buy my first miner. Money is tight but I know it is important to not be cheap when purchasing a miner. Ebay has a couple GS Mini doge miners from China but seems meh based on reviews of sellers.

I searched on a craigslist type website and found a couple GS mini doge miners that are reasonably priced.

From everyones experience with these miners, is there a way to wipe the miner so it doesnt have any of the sellers info or is there a way he can detect where im mining from? what questions should i be asking the seller?
any info would be greatly appreciated.

I have 2 for sale $500 each in Buffalo Ny.

lemme figure out my initial concerns and get up and running. then i could entertain buying your miners.

So you wouldnt wipe the miner, you just change the wallet address to yours.

Ask for a video of the miner up and running, it’s no guarantee that everything fine but at least the light pattern will indicate if the psu and
control board are ok. Everything should be blinking green and green yellow where the CAT 6 cable connects. You just reset them, little small button underneath the black pin in the back of the miner, once that is done you just connect it to your network and follow the steps to set it to whatever pool you want.

1 Like

thank you will look out for this

have you or @Coolhand bought any miners from China? i see alot on ebay

Yes but directly from Goldshell or Coinminingcentral. Started with 2 mini doge, and 2 kdboxes … bought two more of each like a month later but this was like a year ago when they were way cheaper. Later bought 4 ckboxes and in Nov I bought
5 Bobcat miners which I did not get until March of this year, set 1 up, sold 2 and am still stuck with 2 that are still on ebay for sale. You get addicted. :slight_smile:

Yes I bought from Goldshell and BT miners

1 Like

Ebay has some scams. If you search on here, there is a really good write up on ebay scams

1 Like