Buying ASIC miners - Compass

I saw some ASIC miners you can either do at home or do at one of the facilities. It says one is in Russia and already hooked up. Is that risky doing in another country vs. doing it at home since you don’t have the equipment physically? Any advice?

I believe that is fairly safe, although I will have a definitive answer once my S19j Pro goes online on Oct 31st (hopefully sooner) from Compass Mining on Nebraska I believe, or Florida, or Texas.

I’m not sure in which facility they will connect my miner yet, hopefully they will let me know by Oct 31st.
:crossed_fingers: :grin:

I also have 2 L7 scheduled to go online on January 10th, so I will give updates on that as well.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Best of luck!

Thank you. Best of luck!! And any updates would be muchly appreciated.

no answeres or update until now?

Update:
So I’ve been hashing with my S19j Pro 96TH since Oct 26, and So far Compass has been taking good care of it.
:sunglasses:

As far as my 2 L7 9.16Gh by far they are in route to go online and hashing by Jan 10, however, due to the fact that my S19j Pro 96TH was originally delayed, I wont be surprise if my 2 L7 also get delayed.

Fingers crossed that they get online and hashing by Jan 10!
:crossed_fingers: :grin:

I have been a reasonably happy customer of Compass until recently. I have paid my hosting bills on time without issue even though they have greatly delayed installing and energizing four of the last six Lone Star 2 bundle machines promised to complete by end of October 2022. Besides not completing these connections, I get an e-mail saying the delay now extends to December 2 and oh, by the way, your contracted energy bill goes from .063 to .075. This is a lump it or leave it proposition so I either comply or they pull my machines and charge me for removal, shipping and any penalties they chose. Additionally, trying to use their online payment process has now been absolutely useless. In the past, I have paid online with no issue. Now, nothing goes through but their e-mail to me that I am past due. Tried calling several times to resolve this and get a recorded message that there are no available agents. I submit service ticket after service ticket with no reply.

Besides the above problems, on October 27, I purchased a new miner from Compass from their website. They told me to wait until late November for delivery. It is now early December and nothing. Again, I have submitted service tickets with no reply. As this was a credit card payment, I checked my transaction report and found the miner was purchased from a third party. Compass will do nothing to assist so my only recourse is to use my credit card company to claw back the payment.

Over all, I will not do any more business with Compass after my contract period ends. This company has completely lost my trust. I fear they are a severely damaged company and looking for ways to gain revenue at the expense of their customers.

Thank you for this eye opening comment, im sure it will.be very helpful for lots of people

I have not seen many positive reviews of compass on here. I will never use them if I get to a point of needing a host. I will go local or small business if possible, but definitely not them…just my opinion

I think people should try local if possible. I didn’t know it for quite a while that there is a hosting facility within 30 miles. Keeps the cash local.

Small update on Compass Mining; I was finally able to resolve the online hosting payment issue. The only way it can be done is from a desktop computer. I was trying to complete it from my iPhone. Shame on me but none of the support tickets revealed this. As far as any other communication with Compass beyond service tickets, they suck big time!

Sorry, there is a thread on here about that. The phones block opening another browser window to pay - some desktops do the same (popup-blocked). Yes, it’s clunky, but it does work. Hopefully Compass will improve their site. GL.

Another update. Finally got word back from Compass on that purchased miner. They said my credit card clawback stopped shipment. They make it sound like the machine was ready to ship before I initiated a dispute. Anyway, a credit will be given but I had to force it. I gave Compass ample opportunity to communicate why shipment that should have taken a week, had been delayed two and one half months, with no delivery in sight.

1 Like