Buying through alibaba

Is buying from alibaba legit? They seem to have some decent prices (all things relative) on GPUs. Any other sources I should check out?

Hey man.

I have just purchased a PSU through Alibaba. Waiting to see if they are legit.

Red Panda has bought from there.

As long as the seller is verified and has trade assurance then I think these suppliers are the ones you want to deal with.

Will update once I know if my stuff gets here

4 Likes

Exactly as Scoobylaw says, only Chinese and Japanese sellers and through alibaba. Never buy outside Alibaba,take it from me, I was scammed twice trying to buy the innosilicon G32-1500,both sellers weren’t from China and sent payment without an alibaba invoice. Alibaba couldn’t refund me my money. So ow I deal with 2 people and both take credit card payments through alibaba. Stick to that and you should be fine.

3 Likes

:roll_eyes: Always think rational

I was a newbie and tried but failed,lil smarter now. lot more homework on miners and their sellers these days.

2 Likes

So it looks like the company I bought from is legit. Paying my customs duties and should receive it on Monday or Tuesday through FedEx. It’s not as quick as sourcing locally by any means, but it’s been a good experience to date

1 Like

Hi, so here’s an update.

I have purchased 3 PSUs through Alibaba, all received and working

I purchased replacement gpu fans. All delivered, and working.

I have purchased 7 inch lcd screens. Currently waiting for them to arrive.

Just remember, the supplier needs to have trade assurance and be verified.

I hope this helps

So, based on the comments above, something like this will be 100% legit?
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Ready-to-ship-StrongU-STU-U1_62011383394.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.normal_offer.d_title.368c2591UrMX7s

I have a recent and ongoing experience with Alibaba. I bought 5 Innosilicon a10 pro+ for less then 2100 each. The seller has trade assurance and is a verified supplier. I made my 5 purchases with credit cards and right away they “shipped”. Instead of coming from China it was coming from Turkey. I started getting that feeling in my stomach from day 1 but figured what the hey, It’s protected by trade assurance, right? Long story short he contacted me yesterday saying I needed to pay a additional 2800 in fee’s to the shipper and payment would only be accepted in bitcoin. I just kept saying what I cant hear you. I then went to chat and told him I wear hearing aids and dont talk on the phone cause I cant hear. I wanted a record on chat.
So I stood my ground, told him I will not pay another penny as shipping and duty was covered under the price. He kept telling me they extra is not them but the carrier and what ever. I told him we will let alibaba know about this misconduct. Oh and the shipping company he used is fake as hell. So today I receive a new shipping notice from ZTE of a pending shipment from China. Looks like even trade assurance can be scammy as heck. I still think he is trying to play me as the “real” tracking number on the 5 I bought is the same number on all although it could just be in one box.
This is a very condensed version and kind of scattered but hopefully serves as a warning.

1 Like

Crap! Sorry to hear about your terrible experience Omni. Was this seller marked as “verified supplier”? Mind sharing the name so we all know not to step on this pile of shit?

ask for a refund immediately.

I just made my first purchase and it went super smooth. I even paid with paypal. I received it in about 2 weeks, and it was well packed.

Which company does Doris work for?

@Master3004

Regarding Alibaba and Trade Assurance… with Alibaba banning the sale of Miners from tomorrow (correct me if the date is wrong), will trade assurance still cover orders that were placed in time and the potential claims will only be reported in a couple of weeks once the shipment has arrived?
Is the ban only for miners or also spare parts? Is Hong Kong also affected by the ban?

Hello Guys, just want to share my experience buying via Alibaba.
As you might know Alibaba banned miners so companies on Alibaba can not officially sell via Alibaba anymore. In any case you can still contact them and ask for a price list and they will be happy to provide it to you. Please note prices are changing every day based on how much crypto moves so you need to ask for actual price at the time you will order. Since they are not able to sell via Alibaba anymore there are limited options to pay to them and payment via Alibaba (to benefit from Alibaba protection) for miner is not possible. Some will accept bank transfer, some crypto and some PayPal. I was testing my luck to buy and to pay via bank transfer, but it seems I got lucky and I have finally received my miner today. Please do not consider my post as a promotion or endorsement to buy from particular seller, I just want to share my experience since there is way too many scammers these days and for sure you should do your own research. I was buying from Shenzhen Leed Electronic Co., Ltd. - Smart Watches, Smart Bracelet I think they are selling earbuds and watches but they had many miners before the ban. To explain the process - I asked quotation they shared with me list of miners - on stock and on pre-order. I told them which I like and they issued to me commercial invoice. I have paid via Bank Transfer with hope I will see the miner one day. One day later they confirmed to me they got the money. Since I was buying used miner they shared with me pictures of miner together with video with serial number and miner actual hash rate. Then they sent to me pictures of the package and they also shared DHL tracking number. Company is located in Shenzhen but they ship via HK DHL so they have a company who is managing shipment from Shenzhen and dropping package in DHL warehouse in HK. This was quite difficult part cause after getting Tracking number on October 14th tracking remained steady for more than 2 weeks. What I found out is that DHL is having massive delays to ship packages from HK and their warehouses are full. They even limited number of packages / day from China mainland to be able to ship out what they had already on stock. Once package started to move I got it within next 3 days so it finally arrived today. I am located in Europe so might be different for US. I made another pre-order at different company where I paid with Crypto so I will share my experience with them in another post. Again I am not endorsing to buy stuff this way and there might be many other issues cause by this kind of purchase, I just want to share my experience cause I know situation related to miners is quite desperate and there is a lot fo scam out there.
I am also attaching some actual pictures from my used Goldshelll KD2 I bought from them.
I hope it helps to some of you…

how did you buy it? they just sent you an invoice and you paid?

Sounds like it’s the same way I’m working with my Ali supplier too - they send an invoice; I pay via bank transfer (or crypto - they take both) and then I het the tracking number once they ship…

Yes you ask for price list for the day (usually price is valid just one day and it is constantly changing), you choose what you want they will check availability and once it is confirmed they share invoice and you pay. They usually ask to share payment confirmation so they can block unit for you. Once they get the money they will ship.

Brand New Miners
New A1246 85T US$6,838
New Bolonminer B11 66T 50W US$4,976
New Bolonminer B11 68T 50W US$5,127
New S19 95T US$9,977
New S19J PRO 96T US$10,476
New S19J PRO 100T US$11,384
New S19J PRO 104T US$11,786
New T19 84T US$8,074
New T19 88T US$8,458
New Z15 420K No PSU US$11,419

#Scrypt LTC/DOGE/MONA/AIB/ENC2…#