Can You Mine Bitcoin Using Wind Power?

Hey guys I am usually the video editor on the channel, but love trying out new stuff, so I wrote a article about wind powered mining on the VosKCoin Medium page.

I’ve uncovered some pretty cool conclusions about the feasibility and sustainability of harnessing wind energy for mining operations. From examining the environmental benefits to considering the economic factors involved. I wanted to see if it was possible on a big and a small scale.

Some data really surprised me! For example did you know that when you make a wind turbine smaller, the power it generates gets way smaller, like, really fast? It’s kind of crazy! So, if you cut the size of a wind turbine in half, the power it produces drops by a whopping four times! :cyclone::open_mouth:

I you’re curious about wind-powered mining and want to check out my article, hop on over and give it a read. I’d love to hear your thoughts!

Article

3 Likes

Loved reading this and seeing new content from you, Vincent! It’s super cool to see this adapted to wind power, which isn’t super popular in our area. Don’t tell Vosk though or he’ll want to move somewhere where it’s windier!

1 Like

Good article , but there is one thing that you didnt matter…

It is called balancing of electrical power , for that you will need some aditional equipment…

First there will be days with no wind , and days with higher producing power that you need… for that you will need on grid inverter if you want to your power supply company balancing power for you or hybrid off grid inverter with batteries if you want to balance by your self…

I wanted to install wind turbine 10KW , 5KW battery and hybrid inverter 5kW , that would cost me 20 000 euros , and by my calculations it could power ASIC miner for 4kw consuption 24/7 / 365 days… I live in Serbia in part of country that is very windy average wind by day is 4m per second… But I am broke :slight_smile: If KDA hit 30 USD I will for sure install this sistem and post report…

1 Like