Cant Update Firmware Version For a KD-BOX

Hi There:
I cant update the firmware version on my KD-BOX ASIC miner. I downloaded the latest file from GitHub - goldshellminer/firmware: goldshell miner firmware, yet when i upload the file to the miner platform nothing happens. The latest version is currently the 2.1.0 yet mine is still at 2.0.9 Can anyone help me with this issue? Not having the lates firmware is making the miner loose 100% of its hashrate, only to recover it when i turn it off and then on again. Please Help!

I bought a KD about a month ago and it’s been hashing for almost 11 days with version 2.1.1 - so 2.1.0 isn’t the latest. Just thought I’d mention that. Hope you get it hashing soon.

Make sure you have the right IP address as it could change when you upgrade. First, shut off your VPN (assuming you have one). Next, go to https://find.goldshell.com/. Assuming your miner is there, click on the hexagon icon on the right. This should bring up the Goldshell ASIC maintenance software page. On the “home” tab, it should now show your miner hashing with the updated firmware version.

If it doesn’t, I’d try the process again and do a cold reboot of your miner after the firmware uploads. Be aware that it won’t upload the firmware if the miner is locked. If so, you’ll need to enter the password (default is 123456789), then do the upload

The real acid test to see if it’s hashing properly is to check your pool (eg F2Pool). If the pool shows it hashing, then you’re mining coins and it’s just a matter of getting the Goldshell maintenance software to talk to your ASIC.

And once done and everything is working, turn on your VPN again!

I have a similar issue with a new KDA Box Pro. It won’t connect to any mining pool. The pool I add is immediately removed and the device defaults back to goldshell pools. When I try to update the firmware, it uploads, but then says “miner verifying firmware” and gets stuck. Nothing happens.

I have never used a miner so. try factory reset if it’s an option and make sure you grab the right link from the manufacturer

My suggestion is to go to hub.Goldshell.com In the settings there is a key string. Copy that to clipboard and then log into your miner and enable Cloud and paste the key. The Key is the same for all your miners. Once that’s done you can select the miner and choose Update. It will automatically install the firmware and restart the miner. That fixed hashing failure and high temperature in the miner. Hope this helps you!