Changing HS-Box to SC

I’m trying to change my HS-Box to mine some SC. I set up the pool to Dxpool, then change the algorithm. But each time I just get this error - change algorithm failed. I’ve tried the .com and .net addresses - no luck. Anyone done this that can help me change a HS Goldshell over to SC? Thanks

Pool: sc.ss.dxpool.com:3333

2 Likes

I had to delete all pools on miner. Then change algorithm. Restart miner. Then input sia pool. Didn’t want to work if I left any handshake pools on the list. Don’t know if that’s the right way or not but it started mining sia for me.

4 Likes

Ah, yea I left HNS pools. I’ll try that this morning.
Can you share what firmware version you are on?

I removed all pools, rebooted, tried to change the mining algorithm to blake2b(SC) - it didn’t work.
I updated firmware from 2.1.0 to latest 2.1.4 then rebooted and was able to save the SC algo.
Added DxPool info and it’s mining away now.
Thanks!

Edit: power went down by 119w and the temps dropped quite a bit too. Nice.

1 Like

I got that same error with firmware 2.1.4, with HNS pools, without HNS pools, with restarts etc. etc. Only after I installed the 2.0.6q firmware I was able to change to the SC algo. Same thing on 2 miners.

Thanks for the info I just updated my HS-Box to the same conf as you guys. Happy Weekend!

1 Like

I will try these suggestions because I keep running into a brick wall trying to switch over

Hey guys/gals ! These suggestions worked just like that 🤌🏾 snap Thank you sooo much. I will repost this on #TORUM too, to help others. @VoskCoin are you all on #TORUM too? If not, and I overlooked your page there please, you are needed there in that space. :smile:

Quick question if anyone could confirm this for me! Will I be able to download the recovery Image for a different miner and say switch my LB -box to a KD - box? Would this not work because you cant flash to the specific firmware or is this possible?

not possible 2 different Algorithims

1 Like