Okay so since there are many people who are surging into the discord after the chia launch asking question about how to mine chia here are the essentials
- To mine chia you will need a lot of hard drive space you will need a minimum of 239GB and a minimum of 2 threads per plot
- Chia is proof of space not proof of work
- To efficiently mine chia you will need a 1TB nvme m.2 Ssd to plot
- The SSD will write the plots to an HDD
- Plotting speed depends on your CPU speed , your CPU threads , RAM capacity and your SSD write speeds.
- If you are going to add a nvme ssd to your pc to mine chia you will need a Pcie to nvme adapter
- External SSD’s will plot slower than internal SSD’s
- Make sure to check the TBW on your nvme ssd this will dictate the life expectancy of your ssd
- Chia is meant to be a green technology mining chia is not as power consuming as an asic miner
- If you would like to check your profitability with your current setup use this calculator
- To check the current price of chia use this link
Feel free to add to this post!