Chinese monopolies on ASIC miners coming to an end?

I’m curious of people’s thoughts on how the present Administration’s limiting of chips to China might benefit US-based miners in the future.

I hear Intel is working on an ASIC miner. Any news on where they’re at?? If the Cinese can’t get the chips they need to build ASIC miners, the entire landscape for miners could face an abrupt change!!

In fact, sourcing high quality Chinese aftermarket chips, hashboards and control boards could really have an effect on the repair of newer ASIC miners going forward.

I welcome your thoughts as I try to put together a S.W.O.T. analysis with different time horizons!!

Thanks!!

The chips for ASIC miners doesn’t seem to be a very high-technology.
Even after some bans on chips imported into China by US, chineses manufacturers of ASIC miners have not met any difficulty in terms of chips.
We do really need more professionals to help us by sharing their knowledge.

Word. (Not sure if that’s even used anymore).

That’s how I feel about silver bullion. I know, off topic. But the insiders making big bucks on the daily arbitrage trying to keep the price in check to maintain a strong petrodollar.

That’s why I thought about giving mining a try. Unfortunately, it’s all the same. And, the whole “decentralized” thing, sadly, cuts both ways. Because, from an honest business relationship ‘sorta thing’ it reminds me of a good Ole boys network. You know, where you’re allowed to play the game, but there’s always that glass ceiling preventing the kind of growth everyone has related to BTC since 2009ish.

But, I was relating more to Intel. Let’s be honest, anyone who doesn’t think Intel wasn’t lobbying hard to prevent Chinese competition in the ASIC miner space is only whistling Dixie. I’m sure Intel is well-aware of how the Chinese play their games. Tariffs on Chinese ASIC miners are only a joke, because that country holds a monopoly on the efficient miners. And as the Chinese don’t respect IP, it will be interesting to see how Intel responds in kind by reverse engineering the best the Chinese have to offer.

The Nvidia and AMD plays are, I believe, in a ‘wait and see’ mode. I say that with the perspective that China has her eyes set on taking Taiwan. If that happens, expect to see a precipitous drop in market caps for both, while the market cap of Intel gets a nice boost; only because of the manufacturing being done here, no tariffs and the opportunity to leverage our technology against what the Chinese aims to steal, in the taking of Taiwan.

JMHO

2 Likes