CK-box not working Red power supply light after 40 seconds after start up

It’s not the pool it’s getting into the KD Box itself. I put the IP address in and it comes back that it can’t connect. But if I reboot it I can connect for a short time (30 seconds or so) while the light is green above the power cord. Then it goes red and loses connection.

thats exactly what is happening to mine, I can connect for about 30 seconds, I also put a ticket in

Can you connect to 192.168.0.1? This is normally your default router address but this can also be the gateway address for your miner. So you may be able to connect on this and get logged into the miner.

Also, dxpool went pool down and the .com address does not work anymore. You need to change everything to the .net address. My miner was still mining for the 1st 24 hours, but then I had to also change my pool address to the .net stratum

its not an issue with the pool, its the ck-box. it runs for 40 seconds and i can connect to the address, then i get a red power supply light and it stops working.

So, can you log into the miner and make changes to settings?

yes for a few seconds, then i could enter in my account for the pool but it would not connect to the pool and then this red light thing started happening.

So forget pools, does the miner itself offer up a wifi hotspot?

I got same thing with one of mine HS-Box. Just red light at the bottom comes stright away up. Have tried everything… just can’t get IP nothing… So i actually think that the control board id f****d. Trying to get ordered from Goldshell… without success. :frowning:

I have a ck box that I cannot get past the IP address part in the yotta bc. I am looking thru the faq on goldshell and it is talking about red and green lights. Mine only has a blinking blue light. Ive been trying to get this thing going for a whole day now… really sucks

Try manual full resset. Right to the reset button there is like small pin hole. You need some pen/pensil for that. Press it and hold for about 10sec or… hold while… blue/green and red lights on top will start flashing. Hold it till bouth lights will stop flashing. The unit will restart it self then. After some few sec later at the button will cone red light. Go on your pc and find it… But it will be with new IP. It woun’t be the same IP for this unit as it was before. Once you find this new IP. It should be your box with factory settings. So just enter your setings for pool and worker…

Sorry,correction. Hold te reset in pinhole while bouth lights on top flashing. And when bouth lights stops flashing. Only then let go pressed reset in pinhole. :slight_smile:

For me this method has worked several times. Just got back unit like new with factory settings.
Hope it will work for you.

Thanks Frenks

I was able to get past the problem by locating the ckbox on my network and typing the ip address to the browser. yotta bc isn’t even necessary.

Hope you others can get it figured out. This is my first asic and seeing that screen displaying the hashrate is so satisfying after trying to get this going for the better part of a day.

1 Like

When i had trying to lunch my very first asic. It did take three day’s. Every day finished being drunk because nothing worked… :joy::joy::joy:
I was close to give up.On fourth day i wake up and decited to try nice and slowly and fresh head… It did work… since than… i have even last a count how many shinee machines i have… :slight_smile:

Nice, hopefully I will soon have so many that I lose count also!

@t3knogoat I believe I have the solution to this problem.

Problem as you stated: Red led at the power after initial startup just like you described.

I believe when this power led is green during initialization and turns to red after about 40 seconds it is due to an IP address misconfiguration.
I just received 4 new HS-Box, that are wifi edition. And I have to say Goldshell at present doesn’t have accurate instructions for setting these up., I feel like I had to figure it all out first hand., thank goodness I’m computer savvy.

For the first 3/4 wifi boxes I set them up like this on my mac:

1. Put the wifi antenna on its place
  2. Do not plug the Ethernet cable
  3. Power up the device
  4. Wait few minutes and a wifi network with the name of Goldshell will appear
  5. Access the wifi network
  6. Type 192.168.0.1 into your browsers address field
  7. From the system page choose your wifi network and insert the password. If you make a mistake with password you have to reset the miner by pressing the reset button at the back of the miner.
  8. Connect your PC to same wifi network with the miner.
  9. Open find.goldshell.com to identify the assigned miner IP and go to it.
  10. Miner goldshell gui opens and you can go ahead and unlock your miner, default password 123456789. Then update the password. Then Miner tab and update your pool settings.
  11. After setting the pool the miner will start to mine.

Now for wifi miner 4/4 this one after initialization had exactly the problem you described. With just power and WiFi antenna and no Ethernet I would get initialization and then of the two status lights (blue and red) I would have just a red light, and the power led would go from green to red. So on the back of my HS-Box I’ve got red light bottom, red light top and no manner of reset or IP ping will allow me to acces the miner once I would see “goldshell##” wifi popup. … I would click it, connect to it, try to go to IP 192.168.0.1 and get to goldshell gui but clicking anything does nothing.

I fixed this by doing this:

1. Log back on to my wifi network
  2. Connect the HS-Box miner to my modem/router with Ethernet cable
  3. Log into my arris gateway at 192.168.0.1
  4. Look at all connected devices and determine the miner in question
  5. It will have an IP address but you must change it. Assign a static IP address to it <— save
  6. Put a clip in and hit the reset button on the back of the miner, hold it down until it fully resets ~10 sec’s
  7. Once it’s reset and rebooted navigate to the miners NEW IP address 192.168.0.##
  8. You will now finally access the miner goldshell gui and you can immediately ho to system and connect it to your wifi network and enter the password.
  9. Change the password, setup your pool, etc., don’t make any mistakes lol.

I hope that helps some peeps.

1 Like

Same problem for my ckbox. Green light over power and 30 secs later it turns red. Iv switch psu’s. No luck…gonna try factory reset maybe

This video worked for me…i did not use wifi, but it still solved the red light over power problem and im mining in f2pool

1 Like

thanks for this video! it helped me fix one of my miners