CoinEx shutting down US based customers

Hi people
I just received a notice from CoinEx they will be shutting down US based customers. Anyone have thoughts are where to go for LBRY / LBC?

1 Like

It’s getting tricky to be free in the land of the free it seems (or vote, or not get shot, but that’s a different conversation). Come to NZ or Oz. We’ve been left alone so far…
Coingecko shows Hotbit or Bittrex as exchange options. Reading the last 3 Bittrex alerts to US customers, LBRY doesn’t appear to effected yet. But my gosh - there is a lot they have stopped doing in the US market.
Coinomi is a wallet that you could mine to, or you could get the native Odyssey app. I looked at that when I pulled all my miners off mining to exchanges. I left LBRY on Coinex as I didn’t see any option I liked better. And it’s just one LB Box so not making millions. Managed to resist the 3 for 2 deal at goldshell so far.

1 Like

I think i need the exchange i am converting to tether to buy other alts its been great have free elec at work got 6 of these running.

1 Like

Not sure about NZ but here in Aus a few years ago all the banks stopped any transaction that had anything to do with crypto for at least a day or 2 from memory. No matter where you live anything can happen in a split second if the gov or banks think it will benefit them

1 Like

@Shredz is probably right. I tried to buy some Flux to start a node and the bank froze my cards and rang me up in a panic. I had to convice them I wasn’t being scammed before they would allow the transaction.
I stared using a Wirex Visa for lots of daily purchases which I pay in Algo. The first few Algo tranasctions from the bank to fund the Wirex card all got stalled a few days until the bank got used to seeing them.
Off topic - Wirex Visa is great. Last time I went to Oz I used that and had no fees on international conversion transactions like I would normally get on a regular visa or ATM withdrawl. Just pick a low fee coin like Algo to fund it.

1 Like