Contracted remote mining service

I have a New KS3M. I live in Mexico now and the service here is on the border line and the power rate might be $.20/KWH. I thought in one of Voskcoins video’s he mentioned a mining service that you could send your miner to and they will set it up for what seemed to be reasonable prices? Does anyone know about those services?
Thanks,
JimJ

I beleive you’ll be looking for @AdamMoyers

1 Like

this is his most recent video talking about a hosting company. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk3C9RZVKiY&t=107s

theres @AdamMoyers that does hosting here, most people ive seen have good things to say about him.

theres coastol crypto but ive been hearing a lot of mixed opinions about them. https://www.coastalcryptomining.com/

theres terra hosting which i use, slightly higher than some other places costwise, but they are part of a larger mining community thats very active and knowledgable (misfit mining). https://terrahosting.io/ if you use them tell them i sent you :wink:

Thanks Y2,
I tried Revolution, and it would cost about $1000 up front, plus my shipping from Mexico, and about $185/Month. Probably because I am not buying from them, but not worth it to me. I am looking at Terrahosting, $200 reservation fee and about $.095/kwh. Still trying to find out if that is ALL the cost.
Not sure what is the best KAS wallet for mining with a pool, and what pool to use. If anyone has ideas there, I do appreciate it as I would like to start getting a return on my KAS miner cost.

for kas i use zelcore https://zelcore.io/, im not a huge fan of the zelcore wallet, but its the best one for kas. and you can see which pools there are on Kaspa (KAS) kHeavyHash | Mining Pools.
the general rule is use the one with the most hashpower to be the most profitable. but if you want to be more of a crypto purist then choose one of the smaller pools to spread the hashrate.

Hi y2K,
Sorry to pick on you, but I don’t know how to get around in these talk formats.
Hope you don’t mind if I ask more questions. I am reading as much as I can, and help especially, I will eventually figure out how to set up my miners.
Terra hosting answered my questions somewhat, they said pay @200 and reserve a space and fill out the paperwork. I have a yet to find out if there are other charges, and hesitate to pay @200 to find out.
Thanks for the wallet tip, it looks like a good service. Is that the only service one would need , or does a person need another service such as NiceHash?
Appreciate your time,
JimJ

1 Like

I use Terra Hosting…ran by a couple of miners on YT.
$0.105 rate. Not the best rate, but they are easy to contact and have been great to deal with. They have my S19Pro 100

1 Like

HI Hundredaire, Thanks for the reply.
I am zeroing in on Terra Hosting, here is the reply I gave to y2k…
PatriotVictory

1h

Hi y2K,
Sorry to pick on you, but I don’t know how to get around in these talk formats.
Hope you don’t mind if I ask more questions. I am reading as much as I can, and help especially, I will eventually figure out how to set up my miners.
Terra hosting answered my questions somewhat, they said pay @200 and reserve a space and fill out the paperwork. I have a yet to find out if there are other charges, and hesitate to pay @200 to find out.
Thanks for the wallet tip, it looks like a good service. Is that the only service one would need , or does a person need another service such as a miningpool or NiceHash?
Appreciate your time,
JimJ
Thank you, I do hope to get at least one of my KS0Pro running from home here in “low power” Mexico in the near future, getting a wallet now, then sending my KS3m to Terra as soon as I know the total cost.
Vosk says “plug N play”, but not for me yet. I guess, After the first one things will get much easier. Oh, how do you keep control of your miner, don’t Terra have to set it up and let you change the password or something?
Thank you in advance for your (and y2k’s patience),
JimJ

1 Like

the only fee other than what they say up front is a credit card transaction fee. although i dont have an asic there yet (should have one there in a few weeks) i doubt that would be any different than my gpu invoice. heres my gpu invoice not including the 20$ a month i pay for renting their rigs.

@Hundredaire asic hosting should be .095 rate! you may want to contact them if it hasnt changed since they last lowered the pricing for everyone else.

and here is my rig rental invoice

@PatriotVictory basically the only other “fees” that would exist are if you want them to actively manage which pool you are aiming your hashrate to after the initial setup (assuming you dont want to do it yourself). or if there is a hardware malfunction that requires a fix (which makes sense).

Thanks y2k,
Great, with a little effort, I may have it on the way tomorrow.
So you rent one of their Riggs? That seems reasonable, very reasonable.
I still have a question of how the owner maintain’s control because I won’t have the ip address unless they send it or something? Of course, I have a ton of questions don’t I?
I feel a lot better now, thanks again,
Oh, yes they sent a letter saying I would get $.095 per kwh,
JimJ

you gotta ask them that since like i said i dont have an asic there yet. but im pretty sure they will show you how to manage it after the initial setup

Oh, that answers another question, they send a monthly bill for the electricity, I guess auto deduction or something.
Great, just got your next message. so, here goes.
Have a great evening,
JimJ

1 Like

awesome, and have a good time mining. oh and dont forget to tell them i sent you :wink:

Definitely will, you have been a great teacher and help.
Thanks

:cowboy_hat_face: :vulcan_salute: :man_teacher: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag:

Hey y2,
Thanks again for your help. Terrahosting has had my rig mining for several weeks now and are doing a good job. Thanks again, PV

sweeeeet. and i now have 2 asics there as well as my gpus i already had there. so far they are also running well.