Converting a shed into a Hard Drive Mining Data Center

Can you show me links and resources that say u need ac in mining. At no point am I expert but everything I have found while I was build my shed and after was waste of money. I’m all for u explain exactly y u need to have it I’m willing to learn. But everyone that has at least big mini farm when I was building mine said no ac and called me noob if I used it and that from the vosk discord community. In the end they were right and saved me a lot money over time

I didn’t take it personally. Hard drives are expensive and delicate, a mini split would equate to never having to clean the entire HDD farm, that alone is worth the electricity bill increase, plus it’ll be the first building I put on solar to zero out the electricity cost.

Building an ASIC mining shed vs a HDD mining shed are entirely different animals.

4 Likes

As someone who has manage server rooms AC is not a bad idea for any rack mount server setup which he has indicated he will have in the mix. I can’t speak to the thermals and air flow designs of ASICS but I can to servers and rack mount servers which need cool air to prevent system failures and performance throttling.

Yea for u that works there are other ways around cleaning since I don’t that often. Really my gripe is that everyone lessons to u and think they need ac for a 20tb chia or one asic. When they add they find out there losing more money or that there asic is still running hot and shutting down. And then we try in discord to tell them and then they show us pic of u having it and tell us we know nothing. It’s not the first or the last. You got to remember you are god to most and won’t lesson to other. Me personally make videos explaining ac or don’t say ac. In past months I can say it’s hurt more then help

1 Like

Relax, randy. voskcoin states, in all his videos, “VoskCoin is for entertainment purposes only and is never intended to be financial investment advice. VoskCoin owns or has owned cryptocurrency and associated hardware. VoskCoin may receive donations or sponsorships in association with certain content creation. VoskCoin may receive compensation when affiliate/referral links are used. VoskCoin is home of the Doge Dad, VoskCoin is not your Dad, and thus VoskCoin is never liable for any decisions you make.” If someone puts in ac, and its a bad idea, thats their problem, not vosk’s. What he does may or may not work for other people. Also why doe you have @Smokey024 's pfp?

2 Likes

Well first off I don’t lesson but good majority off new people think he god and do. He has no choice but to say that or he liable. Well I also did a post in vosk discord about this after I was told I don’t know anything and consensus from major home miner / mini farms is I’m right!!! All I’m trying to do is help people out. And sorry my discord is dirtyrandy and all know that it’s still same asshole smokey024

2 accounts ftw

1 Like

Noted for your future ban :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

ROFL u figure out my password and email I’ll switch back for u phone got stolen don’t know email or password nor do I care to have old one back. Hey he want to ban me go right ahead. I’m surprised I’m not already. He has something against me anyway

lol why do you think I “have something against you”

I don’t, but you’re really starting to seem like one of those victim types.

Also to address your above comments, I don’t recommend AC, literally against it for ASIC mining hence the ASIC mining shed plans, the digital shovel that’s ambient air cooled etc – it just really seems like you’re failing to grasp the scope of this project which is an HDD mining shed, a DIY data center, it’s not another shed w/ fans for ASIC miners.

Reading your tone throughout your posts here, consider taking a deep breath and a break, you consistently seem very worked up.

3 Likes

Dirtyrandy might still be hyped up from reading @CasaMiners BS responses on my thread lol

I’ve considered Chia, might get a few miners before the next bull run.

Why would you not care to have it back? trip round the world change your mind on crypto? also when did you lose your phone?

1 Like

Sorry just seems that way. The reason I’m worked up on the forums( not discord I’m a totally different person). I’m just so sick and tired of scams! casasminer did work me up plus we had a huge problem with a couple in discord about ac and would show pictures of a ac unit / portable u had Im guess at some point.Just remember you are a mining god and most people rely on what u show and might not totally read into what your doing they hear ac and think it’s meant for a hobby miner or asic mining.(kinda y I might have lost it too) There are a decent amount of really good mini farm miner in asic chat that have given up and moved on. Which is upsetting your discord is where I’ve learned a lot from in the mining game. And I put a good amount of effort to help who I can out there since it is slim pickings in there to help out.

Friday last week and really that name I think was linked to a old Google account I don’t remember. Smokey024 was like my name 20 years ago dirty is what most know me as I just finally linked discord account. And probably won’t activate Smokey again. And no trip didn’t change me at all I just have 7 weeks of free time while I’m on train planes and automobiles.oh and ac really hits a nerve for mining for me so I’m guessing it set me off

1 Like

Updated brainstorming design video on the VoskCoin DIY data center and HDD mining shed

3 Likes

Any electronic equipment generates heart. It’s a fact. Once you add racks of kit in a confined space you will undoubtedly notice the heat as soon as you walk in there. It’s why racks have fans to withdraw the excess heat.

I’m sure Drew is no god. You’re not are you @VoskCoin he he he.

Seams like a lot of unnecessary tension going on in this thread. I have used vosks vids as a source of advice, along with many others to make up my own mind on what to do. This guy has done it, experienced the pitfalls and what works for him.

Personally I wouldn’t bother with AC if I were building a disk farm in my shed. But I would endure lots of fresh air intake and exhaust out to ensure the enclosures run at an adequate temp.

I’ve worked in many high end server/mainframe suites and seen the many ways heat is dealt with. It simply depends on the application and for me I’d use the cheapest way possible and work from there.

I use any source of reference that I can and make up my own mind from there. I get right and occasionally get it wrong. Isn’t this a big learning curve for a lot of us.

I’m grateful Vosk takes the time to spread knowledge. I love mining and it’s a shame I never started during the earlier days. But I keep my nose to the grindstone and am looking beyond 10 yrs to hopefully see any gains. If I don’t, then so be it, I’ve had a blast trying!

2 Likes

Updated VoskCoin HDD mining shed electrical diagrams by me…

Sent this to their electrician, and got this mock-up back from him

The only changes were moving the elec panel to the left side, adding another floodlight and camera to the left side, and a dimmer to the light switch by the door. So unless I come up with anything else or someone has some last minute input… going to send this to fabrication! also decided to go up from the original plan of 100 amp subpanel to 200 amp, so skies the limit for future servers lol

4 Likes

200 amps of hdd’s lol. THATS ALOT OF STORAGE

I’m here to party lol

VoskCoin HDD mining shed IN PRODUCTION lol

1 Like

Looks great!!