Corsair 1200W modular power supply

Hi there fellow miners. Anyone using a Corsair 1200W power supply to power their DOGE miners?
I plan to hook 4 of them up in hashrate mode to this PSU - wondering if any of you have had any issues with this model?

You should be fine with 4 boxes I am running now 3 (1x KD Box and 2x CK Box) on this power supply without issues. I had previously 4 of them and it was running fine.
Mini Doge has bit higher consumption than CK box but with 235W x 4 you should be around 940 W what is still 78% load to your 1200 W power supply. What I hate is double connector on the box end so you will have one connector hanging in the air, but cables are nice and quite long.

I also have Enermax EPM1700EGT 1700 W with 6 Boxes attached and each cable has just one connector running with dedicated cable from PSU which I prefer much more than double connector on the box side on Corsair. It is over 120 USD more expensive, but ot will accomodate 2 more boxes. I don’t remember how they compare from noise point of view but corsair is quite quiet. :slight_smile:

Make sure you are on a dedicated circuit and control your usage. Most US house outlets are 15amp. Which equals to 1800 watts. So…dont put an AC or heater or your PC on that line along with your miners.

1 Like

I have one of these in my wife’s gaming rig. It’s a solid power supply. Idk if it’s still true, but Corsairs PSUs used to be made by seasonic.

That’s at max capacity. You’re only supposed to use 80% of the max which is 1440W…

Thanks guys good point for US but no worries, I am in EU on 240 V and 10A fuse so no issue to run 1.7kW if I would like to. I have 6 GS boxes on Enermax with consumption bit below 1.4kW so running at around 81% of max power.
D95E0458-87A9-4535-B292-35F219345F55_1_201_a