Creative ways you financed your first rig

Hi all!
I work my ass off to pay the bills, it’s hard to raise the money to buy a rig. As you know it’s impossible to use credit cards. I don’t really want to sell the few stocks I have, they are doing well. I would love to hear how you all did it.

3 Likes

I got a kick back from taxes after installing solar & a battery In april , So I bought an omen 30L pre-build intel I-9 10900k / RTX 3090. I couldn’t find a graphics card worth paying scalped prices so I said fuck it…#yolo.

1 Like

I got a Blockfi credit card and maxed it out buying 4 miners and got 3.5% back in BTC.

2 Likes

You can use the Blockfi credit card to buy on which sites? Sorry noob question.

I bought from BT-Miners. They sell mostly used miners. They ship out of china but they have customer service reps here in the US. Smooth experience so far. There are a couple other sites that take credit card. go to asicminervalue.com and check out there vendor list.

1 Like

New here i sincerely need help pls

Dang! I’m gonna have to look up this BlockFi card…

tax return is on the horizon. Save money like your life depended on it, take a look at what you own too… It all depends on how crazy you want to go. Sell what you can do without, cut living expenses and save that, and do that until your tax return come in. By that time you should have a decent stash to get your foot in the door.

1 Like

Just buy a zip, gram it out booooya’ baby. Just kidding.

2 Likes

:disappointed: I financed EVERYTHING at an inflated APR on credit cards and in-store financing. Almost everything I “own” is not even mine, the only reason I do “own” anything is because I got lucky and my stocks went up, while getting lucky playing Baccarat (and losing at blackjack).

Covid-19 hit and whatever stocks I was ballsy enough to hold plummeted (one position in particular dropped 7k and trigged a stop loss I was too stupid/dissonant to optimize).

Luckily no real debt accrued as I ground through and paid all my bills to the T, I didn’t eat because of it sometimes.

Through the grace of the universe I met a woman who was smart enough to help me start a successful business. She owns another business too that is very successful, with this luck I was able to start buying hardware and start mining at a larger scale.

Finally now that Ive made enough to say I’m convinced this is going to work, and crypto is the best; we get a bear market…

but I’m gonna stick this one through its not the worst I’ve seen (yet).

why impossible ?