Crypto mining basement!

Hey guys!
So, I’m having just an awful time trying to find space for my miners. I currently have 100 amps and rent my place of living. My landlord said I could upgrade my service to 200 amps but I’d have to pay for it and it doesn’t sound like he’s willing to reimburse me for it later, or even take a percentage of rent off for a certain time period, etc. the quotes I got from 3 electricians ranged from 1900-2400. The company offering 2400 was the most interested and talked to me for the longest and seemed genuinely interested in the topic (I live in SmallTown PA lol) and no one else really mines. I only have 4 S9s and the newer FutureBit Apollo BTC Full Node + standard packages. I’m currently running the FutureBit and 2 of the 4 S9s and earning around 25k satoshis daily at 30-33 TH on SlushPool and my electric rate is around 6.7 cents ….
-I’m wondering should I:
A) bite the bullet and pay for the upgrade
B) maybe pay to install a separate 100amps service that I could theoretically take with me when I move (if that’s possible)
C) find a small space to rent that has at least 1 30 amp 240 breaker/circuit but then renting a building would cut into profits
D) my dryer has a huge plug on 30 amps, could I pay the electrician to change that plug to the L630 P and plug a PDU to there and power all 4 (but the NOISE!)
E) to go along with D, should I even try immersion mining with 4 S9s?
-I don’t have money to buy the smallest bit of land or a building and even just the two S9s are very loud in the basement.

I think I should use the dryer plug to be honest. I’ll attach a picture of it.

1 Like

What do you pay for KW? S9’s dont make any money right now.

1 Like

Unless I glanced over it, you didn’t say what your end goal is for why you want more power. You want more s9’s? Just more miners in general? Is there a problem with your current situation that you need to upgrade?

Zack
You don’t need any upgrade them S9`S are only 1300Watts each just plug in 4 different socket outlets but don’t plug them in 1 socket with PDU you will overloading the circuit like in the picture that’s not even a ring main its single circuit it can only handle 3000 Watts it will burn in no time if you plug all 4 in there with PDU.

1 Like

Right now I pay about 6.8 cents per kilowatt

1 Like

@Deastin end goal is more miners yes, but to have more/more capable miners I’ll have to upgrade my electric, end goal is to have a small container or shed with a few S19s

@SinghisKing theyre just so crazy loud that I only want them in one place. Lol. The one actually isn’t working, so I’m going to try and get a refund via eBay. I reset it a few times and finally got its IP address, but when I type it in, the search result/to get on the homepage won’t load. But the 3rd one (2 in the basement) I’m gonna put in the backroom this week. The dryer circuit is 30 amp 240 V, that’s why I thought of putting the three on a PDU there.

1 Like

Zack you deal with what you have at hand first plug the S9`S in get hashing then deal with upgrading as you go along

3 Likes

I agree, just use what you have for now and then upgrade or move your setup as you grow. I’m only using one 30amp 240v circuit for my setup. I have an X5, L3+,S9SE, and a RAK Goldspot.

2 Likes

I started that way just used the extra outlet I had at hand a old hot tube outlet out side and a garage outlet but I moved faster then my electric would allow I enjoyed it to much after my first miner I bought two more that was a deal then got another two more and then another two more so I have ran out of amp to run all so I’ve been upgrading while I’m still buying up the used equipment people are posting on vosk if it at my price range so I would say start thinking of upgrading now so your ready and not waiting

1 Like

@Smokey024 appreciate you, yeah I’m just too excited to go bigger and bigger. I’m trying to realize I need to just take it as it goes. Lol. Don’t want to stretch my moolah to thin for now

1 Like

@SinghisKing i hear ya, it’s just hard for me not to go and go lol.

2 Likes