Customer Compensation Notice for L7 and other Orders with Delayed Shipment

Customer Compensation Notice for L7 and other Orders with Delayed Shipment

JANUARY 12, 2022 / 0 COMMENTS
Dear Valued Customers,

Due to the tight supply chain, some L7, Z15, E7, and DR5 orders have not been shipped as scheduled. We sincerely apologize and will compensate customers accordingly. The compensation amount is as stipulated in the contract, and the deferred payment will entitle a daily compensation rate of 0.0333%. The compensation amount shall be issued to the user’s account as coupons after the shipment is delivered.

Thank you for your continued support of ANTMINER! We will continue to strive to provide our customers with better products!

BITMAIN

January 12, 2022

Great post! I have L7s delayed - will follow up on this.

So if you paid $21k for a L7, that’s what . . . ~$7/day . . . in Bitmain coupons. Hardly compensates for the $70+ per day in foregone profits. And I’m guessing that if you purchased from a reseller, then you’re SOL unless there’s a standup reseller out there that’ll capture the Bitmain compensation and rebate it to their customers. Call it a hunch but I’m betting resellers aren’t going to do this, while giving miners some lame excuse as to why they can’t.

1 Like

………………… :man_facepalming:

I just want my L7 as lm sat watching all the money that’s being lost that I wish to use to increase my mining operation.