Does Iceriver KS5L reduced price make ROI possible?

Based on the new price of approx $5000 for a July shipment of a Iceriver KS5L, do you folks think there’s enough meat left on the KASPA mining bone to ROI the KS5L. Are there other mining options for this machine once KASPA dries up?

It really depends on network difficulty. If the network hashrate doubles over 6 months, and then reward reductions you would need to average $27 profit over that 6 month period to break even and at current stats in that scenario you would be making $16 a day in 6 months time. I think (Just my opinion) you will make your $ back at some point but I dont know about the kaspa spent to buy the miner. Theres a few people here and on discord who bought Icerivers as soon as they came out - They might be able to give a better insight on whether they got back more kaspa then what they paid for it, if thats what youre aiming for

1 Like

I appreciate your input. I believe the value of Kaspa will continue to appreciate.
In my mind, I can buy 33333 KAS today and hold them for 6 months or I can buy the miner and mine an average of 200 coins a day (emission factored over 6 months) for 6 months. This would leave me with 36000 KAS at ROI.
Is my 200 coin mining rate in the ball park? Currently this miner is cranking out 293.5 coins a day.

I think you’re only factoring in emissions adjustments. What ShredZ is talking about is the possibility for the hash rate becoming so high that ROI becomes even more difficult than that. Anyone that’s mined for awhile can sympathize to those that get wrecked by an ever increasing hashrate. Just be cautious.

1 Like

Has anyone ordered directly from Iceriver.

I’ve got an order in with them. Waiting for tracking information.

1 Like

I received the DHL tracking number this AM!!!
Now I wait to see how much the import duties / taxes will be.
I researched this and found that a miner falls under HTS code 8543.70.98.60.

I fall under column 1 “General” so I should pay a 2.6% duty. I saw several YT videos where folks talk about 30% duties… I hope my research is correct but I have the 30% ready just in case.
Column 2 applies to items coming from Cuba or North Korea.

I received the KS5L miners and paid $300 or about 3% in import taxes and duties.

Check out our site. We include Tariffs in our price. www.terrahashes.com