Does LB1 always need hooked to a laptop, or is there work around a?

For LB1, is there any way to buy pass it always needing hooked up to a laptop? Sorry all of my other Goldshells were Box II models and doesn’t seem worth it to me to always have it hooked to a laptop. Didn’t know if there was a work around to this

1 Like

There is no control board built in to the miner, so it needs to be connected to something like a raspberry pi, desktop, etc.

You don’t need much computing power for it, but you need an operating system on it, so you can download the goldshell firm wear to run the miner on.

I personally have a few lb1 and handshake hs1’s, and I just run them off old desktops I have collected over the years.

So what you need is nothing fancy, as you could probably get it by looking for used desktops at some tech recycling centers, or even a thrift shop, as you can find everything there, as I have found 3060 gpus, hard drives, etc. And this way would cost little to no money at all, only time.

But another option, is something like ordering a used desktop of eBay, like this one,

And just running it off that. This is good as it has an operating system, and it should have enough computing power like ram and storage to run.

Just a quick question, what do you mean by,

As the full size box miners don’t need to be connected to a laptop.