Don’t buy S19k pros - run 2 S19J pros for a combined 150T/3400 watts

I completely understand that concept. Good luck.

All, thank you so much for this interesting information. I’ve been struggling with how to get the older miners profitable. Sounds like yall may have come up with a good plan. We hope to try this on one of my 104s this afternoon. I’ve used several profit calculators but have settled on Braiins | Mining Insights. Using this website and the parameters set above and at $60,5000 the 104 stayed in profit. Again thanks, I will update my experiment and if there is a better site for determining profit p,ease let me know.

1 Like

Wish I wasn’t running old af wiring and 15A 120V. Sounds like fun breaking miners :smiley:

1 Like

Ah but mate right now I’m 3D printing Altairs Bitchinmey to fit a J pro board, using Lux you can use one board with a APW3++ PSU under 12.15v for the board settings, right now I’m running my boards on 11.88v. Those PSUs can run on 120v so you can run a S19 board for sure!

1 Like

Any updates on how your farm went mate? Cheers

Still playing with settings but as of now….2136 at 74th. Not enough to make them profitable at present price. Are your setting moving the miner into the profit range. I am paying .09 presently for hosting.

I have mine set at I think 345hmz/11.88 volts per chip which is giving 67T and during my free power hours I have it overclocked to 124T.

You’re using braiins right? I have used braiins before, but not much. Personally I do not like auto tuning because it has such a high power output that exceeds the PSU safety 80% rule depending on what profile you use. So I’m not sure if Braiins has a feature where you can say run at X mhz at a specific set voltage which is where I get my lower power from. Off the top of my head you must be running 390-395mhz? But I THINK, yours will be auto tuning the chips to a point where it’s 100% healthy. Whereas using Luxos, I can set the voltage and there’s colour code of 20%,40%,60% and 80% health. However for all I know the chips could be operating at 82% health, in exchange for using less power. That could be why you’re in the 2100 watt range. For example I think everytime I underclocked an extra 0.1v, it would use 60 watts less power. And I was going from like 12.6v as the suggested profile to 12v. So the suggested profile probably kept everything at 100% health and I removed .6v which probably put it in 80-100% range.

Maybe see if you can operate Luxos commander remotely with your hosting provider? But for the 75T profile we got it down to 1700 watts from memory on my mates 104T J pro.

1 Like

While saying this I’m pretty sure your efficiency can be universal across all frequencies by the same voltage. Like if I run 200mhz (40T maybe?) on 11.88v it should still be the same 21-22 watts/T efficiency as running 345mhz/11.88v. So the question is how high can I push the mhz on the lowest possible voltage before I breaks? I am going to test how far I can push it while keeping it in the 40-60% health range. I think I have spare BM1362AC chips so if I break it, I should be able to swap it over quickly. I’ll happily be the asic miners version of demolition ranch :rofl:

Again thanks for your great information. And of course all of your work. My host has done all of the work through Luxor. I will share your information with him to see if we can tweak to become profitable. Again thanks. Have you worked any of Whatsminers?

Free hours….I did note you are using solar some for your miners. How is that going? I have looked at that a little bit and if i get lucky may have a change to make that happen this summer/fall.

At the very minute my solar has been taken off my roof because my roof is getting replaced. But because I bought my wife an electric car the power company gives incentives which is 6 hours of 5.5c usd at night and 3 free hours during the day. Today I got my first biogas plant so I hope to be able to scrub the methane to a level where I can run a natural gas generator and have a solar/30kw battery storage/natural gas generator combo for my miners

Well there you go. Trying 80T at 20 watts/T turned 3 of my chips permanently bad. At least I have the means to fix it if/when they die.

Edit: It now says those chips are functioning correctly

1 Like

So int at 1600w?

Those numbers seem to be in profit at my high hosting rate. .09

I used 8pt at 1600w and .09 with price of $62,000.

I would suggest using the 67T mode, mine is 1340 watts at 345mhz and 11.88v, your miner might be different depending on your chips used so I’d suggest using trial and error like I mentioned above

Any new efficiencies?

My host is the one doing the experimenting asked if you have really good conditions, cold temps and forced airflow.?

I’ve tested it on both stock fans on auto control and water cooling plates, and the water cooling plates run the miner at 60 degrees. Weather on stock fans was 20 degrees celcius. I think the 67T profile is still the best but I might try 70T again at the same efficiency

Thanks, please keep us updated.