Electricity Rates

What are y’alls electricity rates looking like? I am at .09 cents a kWh but my plan is about to end and I cannot find anything close to that here in North Texas. I may try to switch to a “free nights” plan and run them only at night.

1 Like

In northeast FL, I’m at $0.13/kWh, which is up from $0.105/kWh effective 1/1/22. That was a fairly crippling increase. I now have one of my high wattage rigs (L7) remotely hosted. I originally had planned to self-host

I’ve been looking into solar solutions. But it’s so difficult to justify the cost (even if I diy the design/installation and just net meter in lieu of batteries). I’d have to commit to staying in my home for more years than I actually intend.

Ours in England are simply staggering . I’m luckily on a fixed tariff until next June paying £0.1892 kWh. Those on variable rates are on around £0.43 kWh.I shall have to reassess my situation next June, but the way my stupid country has relied heavily on energy from elsewhere or renewables that have been proven not to be reliable, it’s anyone guess where we will be next year.

Is solar an option? I went from pay .12 kw to between .06 and .08 per kw. Note I did solar prior to mining.

I am at .043 a KWH here in OK… Hydro/wind… bring em up

1 Like

I live in the central valley of California. My rate currently is $0.14/kWh, and is $0.12/kWh in the fall/winter time

Are you in a Co-Op? I’m in north Texas as well and stuck in a Co-Op. I would call to see if they have any plans or options available. I was paying .12 per kWh but was able to switch to a free night and weekend plan in exchange for .13 kWh during business hours. I’m now averaging .075 kWh for the last year.

1 Like

Wow. Do you want to host an L7? :wink:

1 Like

In the Northeast and it’s .202 in the summer and .244 in the winter!! Sucks up here. Everything I own is now hosted elsewhere!!