ETH Mining - Still a good option?

I’ve been looking at investing about 8K in an ETH miner nonetheless I’m concerned with the transition to ETH2.0. I know this is not financial advice but I would like to hear opinions regarding if it’s worth the investment or not. On the same note if I buy it will I still be able to mine ETC?
Thank you in advance for your comments!

bit more off topic but you should check out the new miner JASMINER X4-Q High throughput quiet server (1040MH) – Jinglemining , for my apartment this be a nice one as its quiet dont eat tons of power and can support etc , however its not available before august so its a rough, hopefully more knowledgable persons chips in and help , and sadly for me atm 12.000 is way out of my reach at this point

I was actually looking at JASMINER X4-1U ETCHASH SERVER (520MH) as a viable option for ETH mining.

That’s what I was going to say if you do decide to mine ETH. They’re going for ~$7,800.

Only problem ETH going to POS in August need a better price

Yep, I would not recommend it at these prices.

Investing in ETH mining right now is too risky. With the end of it being minable on the horizon you are unlikely to get a ROI that will make you whole before mining ends and no guarantee that the hardware will be remotely profitable on anything left using its algorithm. So unless you want to fork over the money for the fun of getting into it the risk is too high right now. This doesn’t mean those who take this risk won’t find a hidden early in to a new boom elsewhere but that is impossible to predict.

2 Likes

The ETH dev’s made it abundantly clear for years, that they HATE miners !
Forgive me, but !
What kind of moron would invest into any party, if the party HATES you ???
Anyone who invested anything into mining ETH after EIP1559 took an insane risk already !
But NOW, two months before the Merge ?

When ETH goes to POS, it will kill most other mine-able coins ! The only exception will be BTC !
You will need a miracle to ever recover your investment !

wtf is wrong with ppl ?