Ethermine Missreporting Shares?

Hi there,

I’m fairly new to crypto mining ( a few months experience ) for the last month or so I was mining on nanopool with 3 x rx590’s and managed to mine 0.2 Ethereum on a constant hash rate of 83mhs. I decided to try a different pool and see if the gains were any faster. At first I ran my miner for a day and got 0.016 which was a marked improvement but when I changed the miners name and wallet for reasons ill not go into now, I went to bed last night with 0.0042 and a daily estimated avg of 0.0155 but after 24 hours more mining I only had 0.0069 after 2000+ shares mined and my estimated avg got sliced completely down to 0.0051. My internet speed hasn’t changed my hash rate hasn’t changed so why the massive slice in earnings? Also I’ve been averaging on my miner 90 shares an hour but the web page reports about 50 - 60, why the big difference in reports?

Regards,

Caleb Morrow

you never get same earnings everyday, right now dayly on eth is 0.014 more miners aare on pool more less you get pay. and second estimate eth avg 0.014 is for 193mhs not for 83

1 Like

83mhs estimate earning 0.0061 per 24h if it will stay at 0.0061 if it drops you get more less if its up probably you get 0.0061. also if pool have many miners you vet less profit as all miners share reward and mining more blocks, less miners in pool you get more reward and less mined blocks. with less miners you get get double earning per day but next day you can get double less erning if pool found less block. example 1 day pool mining 100block and you get pay 0.01 next day pool can mining just 10 blocks and you get 0.001 everything depend how many miners in pool, how lucky pool, pool hash ratio, eth difficulty, and fees for transaction. have many factors to increase and decrease your profit. you will not earn thousands with 83mhs, i got couple days ago 5x12gpu 1x6gpu was perfect earnings until now mh etch rig earn just 2usd per day profit it not worst to mining any more i sold out and move out from mining gpu mining to staking and hdd mining no more power hungry mining rigs

1 Like

check on https://miningpoolstats.stream/ethereum
this morning Ethermine had 53THs, Nanopool had 15THs, that means Ethermine would need to solve more than 3x as much blocks then Nanomine for you to get the same payout. In the long run it should level out (a month or more perhaps), but if you only compare a day, it never does. For older or less powerful hardware its always good to select a pool with less Hashrate, since your share is higher. Its the whole point of spreading (decentralize) the work. I never go with the biggest pool precisely for this reason. The only way for you to compare pools would be to have the exact same hardware (2x) mine on two different pools at the exact same time ! The differences day by day can be quite extreme, especially with ETH. 83mhs will never get you 0.2 ETH a day ! My 180mhs Asic makes between 0.014 and 0.02 ETH a day !

1 Like

How do you find the HDD mining what kind of earnings do you find from it? Is it worth it? And thankyou for taking the time to reply to me =)

Thanks very much for the reply was very helpful! =)

storj and filecoin yes is worst. storj is cheap to running as you can run any old pc with min 550gb hdd btw storj you renting your hdd not mining, filecoin you mining but is not a cheap cost 2-3 more of 6x gpu rig. also staking same amount what you invest to buy 6x gpu same amount invested to staking right now you get same profit as you mining eth with 6x gpu. hdd storing and mining plus staking dont give you profit same as you start 6x gpu and after 24h you get profit hdd it takes time between 1-2month til you start get your profit, staking depend how much you invest profit can come in 24h or longer

1 Like

i have same as vosk staking energi and earning 7.71usd per day with jusg 21watt 0.17kwh draw from wall or 234usd per moth per moth my profit 200usd in pocket as kwh so low. some time earning are almosg double depend of coin price. filecoin fallkw my miners and estimated earning i shut earn around 300usd per miner. for example you invest 1000usd to buy 6xgpu and profit right now bellow 2usd per day invested same to staking you get exactly same profit without paying massive electric cost

1 Like

2 years ago I was mining Burst at $0.10 now, it is worth $0.0035 so, I sold mine on a pump to $0.006. No, it is not profitable, but the association is trying to get more Burst buying opportunities and they have a couple of good exchanges

1 Like

im try burst mining with 100tb not worst at all :smiley: i burn double kwh of earning :smiley:

1 Like

vosk have many ideas for staking im try all, i can say it really was worst to try im happy and big thanks vosk for sharing. allso one of member sharing about rent storage for storj i load some very old hdd for try for now it looks like i fill up soon hdd :smiley:

1 Like