Evergreen Mining Support

I just want to let people know I’ve been working Dylan at EVG and he’s been super helpful. Answers questions even after hours and just generally been really great to work with!

If you’re thinking about buying an EVG setup, I highly recommend it. Great products and great crew.

3 Likes

cool to hear thanks for sharing, good job @drose

what problems with your evergreen miners did you have, and how were they solved?

Agree without a doubt. After about 2 1/2 months, my Evergreen hub (a.k.a. Raspberry Pi) suddenly stopped working this past Saturday. I sent a message to Evergreen support and very soon thereafter (this is on a Saturday, mind you) I was contacted by Grant, who spent the better part of an hour (including over 30 minutes on a Zoom call) with me trying to troubleshoot the problem remotely. Unfortunately, despite his best efforts, we weren’t successful in resuscitating it and it will have to be returned, but I was pleasantly surprised at the level of support and customer attention he provided. Can’t say enough good about these folks - they stand behind their product and are #1 in my book.

1 Like

It was more pre-setup questions (shipping/order fill).

These devices are probably one of the easiest to setup. Dylan was available even after hours of operation. I feel super comfortable knowing if I ever run into problems it’ll be solved ASAP.

I just wanted the community to know in-case they were on the fence on a purchase.

any one know why the evergreen miner will not connect to the router neither by wifi nor ethernet cable? the ip address is in the router but the miner will still not connect!

Preface: Not hostile by any means love the problem solving rabbit hole I’m in currently in. I live for this stuff [AV Engineer]. My hub was originally stuck in a permanent boot cycle. When it was operational, constant connectivity issues. Hub wasn’t putting out its own WIFI, would connect on the app and show it was offline in the app at the same time. I’m having the same connectivity issue again after all the fixes. Going on a week addressing it. Buckle up, if you have a HUB that was part of the bad batch as I do (ROCKa board [v1] reports as a Rockb [v2] board). Re-flashing your HUB Required. Contact support they will get back to you. Response times will vary. Personally their discord has gotten me the fastest results. Huge fan of Luna, given me the most help over the last two days. Luna remains engaged, has my vote for sure. They can walk you through re-flashing. My case, I opted to get a new MicroSD card from them. If you opt into the Micro SD card you have to remove a smaller board (eMMC [slightly darker green board has a black chipset on it roughly 3/4"x1/2"]) from your HUB. Reason being it wont boot off the Micro SD with the eMMC board installed. Make sure the power is off/discharge static before touching the boards. When all was said and done I was able to get my Hub to at least report, and function. I also had to use a series of console commands via PC on a connected network (I utilized a create a ticket on their discord Enter Luna). The mnemonic phrase that the Evergreen [phone] app gave for my keys/wallet wasn’t the correct mnemonic for the hub itself (The app created a mnemonic for the HUB that wasn’t correct so I basically have a an extra farming key for a HUB that hopefully never exists (I think this is what royally screwed up my next issue). If you need it, I can get you the commands. Just DM me. The concurrent issue is the HUB isn’t showing connected on Evergreen’s back end so not possible to switch Pools from the defaulted flexpool which is currently shutdown. This is an easily remedied with the CHIA [PC] software. The bad batch rejects the pool changes, it has to be done manually on Evergreen’s backend. I have a hunch you can force it if you run a full Chia node via PC and connect it directly with another pools community node (At this point this is my last ditch effort) Running a Full node takes about 41 hours to catch up if you have a baller PC, much longer for average, I wouldn’t recommend running the node on a store bought pc. The chia software can be run as a wallet without a node, However I assume you would still have to have connectivity with Evergreen’s node (or backend [same issue more wallets/keys to maintain]). As of about 4 ish hours ago, my HUB has entirely failed again wont boot/wont report/connect -again even though I can see it via my router I’m going to see if I can get a replacement HUB at this point. Here’s to hoping I didn’t drop 3k for to resell some HDDs. I do think its a great product I just think I got some dumb luck here. Honestly their discord has been fun even helping others out in the interim.