Experience with CasaMiners, MillionMiner and Antminerdistribution

Hello,

If this isn’t the right section for this post, please guide me on where it should be moved to. Thank you.

tl;dr: Casaminers and MillionMiner = bad . Antminerdistribution = good.

This topic is about me, a very inexperienced rookie miner trying to make it big and by “big” I mean: not having to worry about bills every month :slight_smile:

I’ve shared my past experiences with CasaMiners in a separate thread:

https://voskcointalk.com/t/casa-miners-no-reply-after-payment-received

But what I haven’t shared is the whole story, with emails and screenshots of the actual exchange.

Attached is my experience with them, where you can see:

1. CasaMiners not responding until I told them I would file a police report
    and
  2. MillionMiner taking MONTHS to process the warranty for a miner but only after pleading with them and losing my patience and when I finally got it back, they sent it in the original, torn, crushed box that it came in, from China. Why China? Because MillionMiner wants to sell you the miner in Europe but once they have your money, you are on your own.

Needless to say, exchanges with both of the above left me with a very bitter taste. I scrambled for months to get the money needed to fix this issue, to not default on my bank loan, to have enough money to survive and have bills.

While extremely expensive, I did learn three lessons:

1. CasaMiners - don’t go for the cheapest. While they have good prices, it doesn’t matter if you don’t get the product or if you receive it months later.

2. CasaMiners - Whenever possible, I recommend you pay using bank transfer so that the seller is liable to fraud investigations and a police report can be filed. Based on the experience documented, I am 100% convinced that CasaMiners would NOT have sent me the units I’ve ordered if I would’ve paid in crypto.

3. MillionMiner - Unless you know exactly what you’re doing(as in have lots of money to burn), I recommend not buying new coin miners. Stick to tried & tested.

The Antminer KA3 I’ve ordered from them took long to arrive and when it did, it died after 4h of working. The warranty and replacement process took 6 months.
The KA3 was producing 43$/day when I placed the order and by the time I a functioning unit, it was down to 11$/day.
Not to mention that I’ve paid 12,500euro for the KA3 and by the time I got it back, it was selling brand new for 3,500euros.

So very expensive lessons were learned.

Oh, almost forgot: as far as Antminerdistribution goes: nothing. Not a single issue. I’ve placed my order, paid for it, got it in 2 weeks or less and all of this while I received frequent emails keeping me up-to-date on the whole process.

The above took place one year ago. I never had the time to put this into a single thread, even though I’ve always wanted to.
I hope both CasaMiners and MillionMiner have changed their ways for the better by now but unless more people like me take the time to document these issues and to hold sellers accountable, nothing will change.

Hope this helps someone else. Cheers!

CasaMiners experience

MillionMiner experience