F2Pool Issues-Not showing avg hash rate

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone could help me understand what is happening with F2pool. My miner has been running for 1 day and 6 hours now and it still hasn’t paid out from the pool. The hash rate isn’t even showing in f2pool. It is showing it is hashing when you log into the miner, and the correct pool was copied and pasted in. Does a hash rate not show in f2pool? Any input is be appreciated. Thanks guys.

Hey guys, I’m coming up on 48 hours of mining with no payout. Would anyone one with actual knowledge of how F2pool works be willing to remote into my computer to help? I have the mining pool address correct in the antminers configurations, I have the correct wallet in the f2 mining pool. I don’t know what else to do.

Hey mate While I don’t have a KA3 (from memory that’s what you have?) it should be showing the hashrate on the pool. I would suggest trying different pools or different ports like at the end of the URL you copy and paste it will say something like port 3333 but check their website they also have different URLs with different ports. For example when I mine Litecoin on Litecoinpool with my X5 miners I can only use ports 3334 but with my L7 it only works with port 8080. Try different ports and give it 15 minutes and if it doesn’t show hashrate on their website after trying all the ports then try a different pool or post a screenshot of your pool setup and see if we can spot any errors (feel free to edit out your personal info like username) good luck

Dude, thank you so much brotha. I changed to pool up to dxpool. It now shows that it’s hashing in dxpool and that I now have earnings that are accumulating. It’s just really weird that the miner was hashing in f2pool on my miner but wasn’t accruing earnings within the account.

2 Likes

Hey ShredZ, I was wondering if you knew what unit of measurement Bitmain runs in the Antminer configuration for temperature? I would assume it’s Celsius but the miner is sitting at 80 and Im just trying to understand what is normal. I have a hard time believing that the outlet temp is 80 degrees Celsius. lol It says that its at normal temperature in the dashboard I guess I just want to make sure, and didn’t really want to start a new thread for such a simple question. Here is what the dashboard says.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it is Celsius (if not I’m sure someone will correct me) are you ducting that air out of the room it’s in? Just my personal preference I try my best to keep the inlet under 60 in an attempt to keep the machine working as good as it can for as long as possible. If you’re not ducting the air out you can either 3D print or buy 4 inch ducts specifically for the ant miner, just have 2 on the hot side and take the hot air out of the room it’s in. If you need any help just let me know I’ve started putting fan simulators and exhaust fans on my miners and am getting more knowledgeable in what to do, cheers

1 Like

No, Im not ducting it out yet. I just kinda have the door open just enough to my basement and am letting the hot air get pushed into the stairway. Doing this lowered the temperature by like 7 degrees on the import fan and the exhaust fan. I am going to break out a cinderblock from the wall to port it out of the room but I need to find a shroud that fits the KA3 first. Do you know if the S19’s can be used for the KA3’s?

If you just want to cover the 4 inch fans then it will be the same, if you wanted to make it 8 inch with exhaust it will be different, and if you did I can get you measurements to check what you need

1 Like

Is there an advantage to getting the 8 inch exhaust? Is it just a wider diameter to decrease resistance within the hose, assisting in getting the air off the miner? What would you recommend?

I’ll take all the help I can get! lol

From memory that’s what I printed for my own

So each fan should be 120mm by 120mm

The advantage of having an 8 inch fan is overclocking it because you can put on a bigger fan with a larger CFM speed, and also being able to dust proof it including the PSU and just keep it cooler in general. But given I don’t think you cant overclock the KA3 and if your miner is in a clean and cool location I wouldn’t worry about it, especially as this is your first miner and replacing the fans will void the warranty and you don’t want to make a mistake (I remember cleaning my first miner and was so worried I would break it lol)

I’d just look at getting some ducting to get the hot air out :blush:

1 Like

Well Im glad you said something about the dust because the basement/cellar is actually crazy dusty. Looks like I will be doing some cleaning. Okay thanks I’ll order two of these and see if I can get this hot air ported out. Looks like I will also need to do some cleaning and dusting too. Is taking it apart to clean it difficult? Like could I get the dust out easily?

Yeah it is easy you’ll find YouTube tutorials on how to clean it, however I feel like I can never get 100% of the dust out of my miners so I like using a dust filter (however stock fans aren’t strong enough for a dust filter) Bitmain suggest not using compressed air with a PSI higher than 80 from memory, so this is what my dust filter looks like on my S19 J pro and there isn’t any dust in the miner, it is in brand new condition after 2 months.

2 Likes

Dude!! That’s insane!! So I need to upgrade the fans if I want to put a filter on the inlet fans? If I upgrade the inlet fans, is it necessary to upgrade the outlet fans too? Also can you post more pictures of this setup? I am trying to understand what’s going on here. Did you put a shroud on before the inlet and just cover it with a dust cloth that catches dust but also allows enough air flow?

Yeah mate so I have a shroud on both hot side and cold side, with a 730 CFM exhaust fan on both the hot side and cold side, however I’ve seen guys in the US just use one AC infinity fan on the cold side and it seems to be enough and those fans are 800 CFM. Personally I have my dust filter on the outside of the exhaust fan on the cold side and as you can see that’s a DIY job. It would be better to dust proof the area it’s in because the filter makes it 5 degrees hotter but at the same time I can still overclock and keep the miner at 52 degrees inlet so it’s still good, but it’s temporary in my garage, when it goes to its forever home I’ll try to dust proof the whole thing

I designed and made these myself but you can buy them on eBay however you’ll have to check if it’s the same dimensions as the design like ask the seller if it will fit the KA3, you would also need to take off the fans and plug in fan simulators. Doesn’t mean you HAVE to do it like I said if you unplug the fans you’ll void warranty so I’d try to keep the area clean and duct the air out first. Cheers

1 Like

Love the setup man! I was trying to think of ways to add a filter without upgrading the fan. Do you think building a box with filters on 4 sides would allow enough airflow rather than having the miner pull through the singular surface like you built? I think more sides would decrease the resistance but Im not 100 percent. What are you thoughts?

1 Like

I can’t 100% confirm but I would think you still would need additional airflow support, for example I was watching the hobbiest miner who has his miners in a mining shed and he had to put on thinner dust filters to allow additional airflow into his shed. From memory the fans are 560 CFM so if you have a decent box and connect a AC infinity fan which is 800 CFM and put a dust filter on it and then duct the air directly from the miner out of the box (you don’t want the hot air to stay in there) then I would think it would work, I’ll make a design later tonight and put it here to better share my thoughts :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Hey okay awesome I actually ordered those AC fans. Do I still leave the stock fans on the miner going in addition to the AC infinity fan, or Is the AC infinity fan strong enough on its own?

Sick! If your putting it in a box I’d leave the stock fans on and duct it into the box

Oh, sorry no, I was actually thinking about building a filter box before the miner with 4 filters, one on each side of the box, not enclose the miner itself. I figured it allowed more surface area to pull from. I decided to go the way you recommended. Mr Mike recommended that way too. I ordered a coal filter with a fabric cover that I can wash. Fingers crossed. If it’s not enclosed in a box do you think I could just use the AC Infinity fan?

2 Likes