Garage hot 2.0 Update - Dog Door for the win

Hey Crypto fam,

Mining with ASICS at home is a hot and noisy business. I started with a KD Box and 5 Doge boxes in January this year. I bought two KD Maxs and a KD6 SE. I set up a grow tent and some in-line fans. Everyone on here has been helpful and suggested venting the hot air out. Some folks suggested to cut a hole in the wall o vent it through the attic. I vented with my garage side door open but did not the idea of my door open all day and night.
I ended up installing a dog door (I don’t have pets) and ran my exhaust hoses through the door. I purchased a 15X20 pet door. So far so good. I have an LG portable Air conditioner coming. I realize this cuts through profits but wanted to try it out. This is starting to feel like a hobby for me as I have spent my entire time setting up and can’t wait to run 24/7. I am waiting for my KD6 SE Power supply returned from Goldshell to get that running. Anyhow I thought I would share. Once I get my air conditioner I will run my KD Max.

2 Likes

Hey
Kewl setup.
1 thing i would say you might wanna do. ya need some sort of anti static barrier between the miners and the shelf/tent. nothing fancy, piece of wood or hard foam.

2 Likes